Get here some facts and information and learning class for learning about how to show respect in Nepal. Get the social norms, values, practices, greetings words in Nepali language. How to respect to your family members in Nepal? Get know.
How to Show Respect in Nepal
We are social beings. We live in a society. Besides the laws enforced by the government, there are certain established traditional rules, regulations and norms in the society.
They have been developed over the years and accepted for the welfare and well-being of the respective society. Social norms and practices are developed according to the group we associate with: friends, family, or co-workers. Such norms tell us what we ought to do in a given situation.
A society as a whole determines norms, and are passed down from generation to generation. Such social etiquettes prevalent in the society are called social norms and practices.
Different societies may have different social norms and practices. As a member of the respective society, we have to respect and abide by such norms and practices as long as they are in the interest of the people.
Family is the basis of a society. Society is the sum total of families living together in a particular place. In this context, we can say that a family is the foundation of social norms and practices.
The family norms and values directly or indirectly contribute to development of social norms and values. Family is in fact a pre-primary school. Socialization begins in the family. A society reflects the overall picture of the various families living in that society.
Respect for social norms and practices are important in maintaining peace, harmony, and mutual co-operation and understanding in the society. Social norms and practices reflect the overall nature and character of a particular society. They are the identity of the society. They have been developed over a long period of time and in practice for collective good.
They make the society more cultured, civilized, ordered and organized. Hence, it is important for us to respect them. Social etiquettes and norms change according to time but slowly.
Social rules and norms suitable in one situation may turn to be impracticable in another situation. It is important that such rules and norms should serve the broader interest of the society. Hence, we should follow the good ones and discard the bad ones.
How to Show Respect in Nepal
Namaste is most used Nepali typical word to show respect in Nepal. Namaskar is also used for respect. It is the same as Namaste. There are many social norms and practices in Nepal which are used to show respect to our family and society as well as neighbourhood.
|Family||Neighbourhood and Society|
|Respect elders and ancestors||Greet respectfully (Namaste etc)|
|Respect female members||Don’t discriminate anybody on any ground|
|Respect each other’s opinion||Share ideas and opinions|
|Regard parents and guests as Gods||Cooperate and behave equally|
|Share things and works||Respect public properties, Help people in need|
|Make best use of family resources||Utilize society’s means and resources for collective good|
|Speak politely||Contribute to community well-being|
|Enjoy feasts and festivals together||Share each other’s cultures and festivals|
|Observe family rites and rituals||Follow social norms and values|
|Be disciplined and obedient||Fight against social evils and problems|
|Takeoff shoes before you enter house||Take off shoes before you enter temples and shrines|
|Give priority to children and elderlies||Give priority to elderlies, women & children|
- Key Advice & Messages To The Public For Not Spreading Coronavirus In Community LevelPreventive measures of Coronavirus in community Wash your hands regularly and thoroughly with an alcohol-based hand massage or wash with soap and water. Why?
- Everything You Want To Know About Durga Puja Celebration Of HinduAll about Durga Puja Celebration: – In the month of September-October, when the “Sarad” season brings a lot of white clouds in the blue
- 100 Cute Nickname for Girlfriend (Girls) in Nepali With English MeaningThe cute nickname for girlfriend in Nepali With English Meaning: – When you are in a relationship, even the littlest thing has an enormous
- When is the Dashain Festival in 2020 | Nepali Calendar For Vijayadashami 2077Here is the detailed information about when is Dashain in 2020? or when is Dashain in 2077 BS? or Nepali calendar Dasain 2077 or
- When is Tihar in 2020 / Tihar in 2077 B.S.? Tihar Calendar of Tihar 2077 (2020)When is Tihar in 2020/2077: – It is the festival of lights, since the Diyas light up inside and outside the houses so they
Emailed by writer: Dinesh Maharjan, Bhaktapur