CBD has become more popular in the last years, being the single component of the cannabis plant that isn’t psychoactive, meaning that it doesn’t produce the “high” feeling, even in a more significant dose.
Until now, cannabidiol has been used for certain health benefits or just recreationally to help calm down and reduce anxiety. In the future, it’s expected to produce a boom in the market and be used more in the sports industry and as VDS (vitamin and dietary supplement). But for now, CBD has been proved to have many health benefits, and it can be taken in different forms.
CBD oils are made of CBD extract from the cannabis plant and other oils, like hemp seed or coconut oils. It’s usually taken as it is, under the tongue to be absorbed faster in the body, but you can use it in salad dressings or other foods and beverages. You should start with a small dosage to see what the effects are. Hold the oil under the tongue for one minute before swallowing, and wait between 15-45 minutes for it to take effect.
CBD oils are known to be helping with many health issues and increase your well-being. Here’s what CBD oils can help you with:
- Anxiety and depression. In a recent study, scientists found out that CBD oils significantly reduced anxiety symptoms during testing, and more papers are backing up this discovery.
- Pain and inflammation. Some researchers have shown that CBD can help with certain types of pain (like nerve pain or back pain).
- Improving your heart’s health. CBD is linked with the ability to lower high blood pressure and reduce arterial stiffness.
Vaping CBD is one of the fastest ways to absorb the component into your body. It is convenient and portable, and you have many flavor options. Besides being practical, vaping CBD can also have health benefits, like helping with anxiety. Research showed that CBD is a great treatment for generalized anxiety disorder, panic disorder and post-traumatic stress disorder.
If you’re feeling anxious most of the time, you can try the best delta 8 flower. These vapes can last up to a few weeks, so you won’t have to worry about recharging them often. The containers have a pre-measured amount of liquid inside the cartridge and you will need batteries for it to heat the contained substance.
Delta-8 is another component of the cannabis plant, and even though it’s less likely to produce the “high” effects, you should still consume it with caution and slowly increase the dosage within a few days. Vaping can show results in about 25 minutes, and you can try flavorless carts or choose cartridges with fruitful aromas.
CBD is also used in creams, which are great for treating specific skin issues or painful joints. You can also find CBD balms, salves and transdermal patches. Otherwise, you can use CBD creams for:
- Acne, psoriasis and eczema. The American Academy of Dermatology Association suggests that the anti-inflammatory properties of CDB have the potential to improve the symptoms of these skin conditions.
- Arthritis. This condition affects the joints and the tissues around them. It can’t be reversed, but there is a certain treatment to minimize the pain and improve the quality of life. CBD creams can help with this issue, having long-lasting therapeutic effects while being generally safe for most people.
- Jaw pain. CBD can help with TMD disorders that affect the jaw joint and muscles that control the jaw. You might notice improvements in your condition after the first use.
One of the most used forms of CBD, edibles can go from snacks to beverages of any kind. Even if most people use them mainly to calm down and ease anxiety symptoms, edibles can help you with much more than that, like:
- Improving your sleep quality. Many researchers found CBD promotes better sleep by regulating circadian rhythms. It also reduces other symptoms, which can help you to have a restful sleep.
- Stimulating your appetite. Choosing CBD hemp flowers might produce appetite stimulation in the long run.
Edibles are also easier to take and more discrete since they come in different forms. The cannabis component can be introduced in chocolate, truffles, mints or even coffee, so you won’t have to worry about consuming it outside your house. But know that edibles are slower to show any effects, and it might take up to two hours for your body to absorb them.
Other health benefits of using CBD
Other than the usual health benefits of CBD, the component has been used for treating (or helping with):
- Epilepsy. In the past years, the FDA (Food and Drug Administration) approved a drug containing CBD, named Epidiolex, used as a treatment option for two severe forms of epilepsy, the Dravet syndrome, and Lennox-Gastaut.
- Addiction. Research evidence suggests that CBD can help overcome substance abuse, reduce relapse and lessen cravings.
- Cancer side-effects. Studies found that CBD can prevent some adverse effects associated with chemotherapy, such as poor appetite and pain.
- Athletic performance. More athletes have started using CBD for their joints and to decrease anxiety symptoms before a performance.
When it comes to the products displayed on the market, you should look for trusted products that are lab-tested by a third party to ensure that you know all the ingredients used. Then, when choosing the plant’s characteristics, you should look for organic ingredients that are less likely to have pesticides and other chemicals utilized for the plant’s growth.
Finally, CBD made with full or broad-spectrum oil is the best choice if you want to get the full scope of its health benefits, and they’re not as processed as a distillate or isolate oils. This means that the organic compounds of the cannabis plant will stay preserved, making the final product to be as qualitative as possible.
In conclusion, CBD has great potential to become used in much more health problems. Even if the subject is not talked about enough yet, the benefits of CBD are numerous, and there is more of it to discover.