Methods, ways, rituals of Bhai Dooj celebration
The celebration Bhai Dooj is the one that implies the extraordinary association between a sibling and a sister. The bond which not at all like some other, emerges from the rest in its very own and unique way.
This extraordinary association is otherwise called Bhai Teeka, Yam dwitiya, Bhrat dwitya and so forth. Bhai Dooj generally falls on the dull lunar fortnight, in the long stretch of Kartik.
This date falls right after Diwali, 2 days to be correct. On this event, the sister’s apply a tilak and appeal to God for the long life for their siblings. The Brother gives back where it’s due by bringing her presents and presents for every one of the drudges the sister improves the situation him.
On Bhai Dooj, individuals love and love the divine force of death Yamraj. According to the customary convictions, the divine force of death Yamraj was available to answer her sister’s call as he visited her for lunch.
After the high voltage festivities of Diwali, the celebration of beams and sparklers, sisters all over India prepare for ‘Bhai Dooj’ – when sisters ceremonize their affection by putting a promising tilak or a vermilion check on the temple of their siblings and play out an aarti of him by demonstrating to him the light of the heavenly fire as a sign of adoration and insurance from wickedness powers.
Sisters are showered with endowments, treats, and gifts from their brothers. Bhai Dooj comes each year on the fifth and a day ago of Diwali, which falls on another moon night. The name ‘Dooj’ implies the second day after the new moon, the day of the celebration, and ‘Bhai’ implies sibling.
Traditions and way about Bhai Dooj
Bhai Dooj is commended on the second day of the dull lunar fortnight. Its count should be possible by any of the accompanying techniques.
- As for each the sacred writings, if the second day of the dim lunar fortnight of the Kartik month lies in the final quarter of the day, at that point we observe Bhai Dooj on this date. In the event that on both days Dwitiya tithi contacted evening, at that point Bhai Dooj ought to be praised on the following day. Other than this, if on both the days, Dwitiya tithi does not appear to contact the evening, and still, after all that we observe Bhai Dooj on the following day itself.
- As for each different conviction, if on a Kartik dim lunar fortnight, the pratipada tithi contacts the night, at that point Bhai Dooj is praised. In spite of the fact that this conviction isn’t said to be extremely exact.
- On the evening of Bhai Dooj, the sibling is to be treated with tilak and lunch. Aside from this, the divine force of death is additionally loved and loved on this day.
The Rituals and way to be pursued on Bhai Dooj
As indicated by the Indian religion, without appropriate custom and conventions, the Hindu celebration doesn’t generally give out the vibes about them. For this very reason, each celebration in our nation is praised with most extreme panache and extravagance.
- On the eve of Bhai Dooj, the plate from which the sibling is to be adored is enriched fittingly or should we say merrily. The plate must have vermillion, shoe, organic products, blossoms, desserts and, betel nut.
- Before the Tilak function happens, chalk out a square with rice.
- On this square, the sibling is situated as he sits tight for the favorable planning, when the sister at long last applies the tilak.
- Post Tilak give natural products, betel nut, solidified sugar, betel leaf, dark grams to your sibling before playing out an aarti on him.
- Once the Tilak and Aarti is done, the sibling presents his sister with a blessing before taking a promise to ensure her forever.
How did Bhai Dooj started?
Each Hindu celebration clearly must have a captivating foundation tale about it, which for the most part is an extremely feisty and touchy issue. Additionally, Bhai Dooj has an exciting tale about it.
This story educates a great deal concerning the noteworthiness and concentrates a considerable measure on its significance too.
As indicated by a well known legendary annal, the divine force of death Yamraj gave his sister, Yamuna a visit, which later turned into the custom of Bhai Dooj, that would be pursued for a thousand of years to come. The offspring of Sun God were Yam and Yami, who were sibling and sister.
In the wake of bothering Yam innumerable of times, Yami at long last got her desire satisfied. Her sibling at long last yielded to her requests and visited her. On this event, Yamuna ensured that her sibling ate out of her hands in the most strict of faculties.
After lunch, she connected a tilak on his temple, and appealed to God for his long life. Being forced to bear such warmth and love, Yamraj approached his sister for a help.
The sweet sister that she was, she answered that she just wishes that he visits her consistently and any sister who does the ceremonies and applies the tilak will not ever fear the divine force of death Yamraj.
Hearing the sweet wish of his sister Yamraj was extremely satisfied as he favored his sister and conceded her desire. From this day, the custom of Bhai Dooj got and it turned into the marvels which would be pursued till the present day.
To bathe in the heavenly waterway of Yamuna is considered of extraordinary significance as it is generally accepted, if the sibling and the sister take a dunk in the sacred stream, they accomplish compensates as a superior existence with less inconveniences. To the extent different stories go about how we began to observe Bhai Dooj, one such story involves lord Krishna.
When he returned home in the wake of slaughtering the fallen angel Narkasur, his sister (Subhadra) invited him with flowers, fruits and desserts. She likewise lit up diyas and gave him a choice welcome.
She connected a tilak on his temple before supplicating that he lives on for a thousand more years. From that day onwards, it turned into a custom to apply tilak on the temple of the sibling and consequently, the sibling presents his sister with a charming blessing.
How Bhai Dooj passages in various states of India
Bhai Dooj is praised by various names in various parts of our nation. Because of the decent variety that we have and the distinctive conventions that we harbor, it winds up impairable that it is gotten out by very numerous names relying on the locale and the dialect talked in that district yet one thing that does not changes is the gravity that this celebration holds in the hearts of the general population the whole way across the country.
Bhai Dooj in West Bengal
In West Bengal, Bhai Dooj is regularly alluded to as Phota celebration. On this day the sisters watch a quick and once the tilak is done, they treat them with lunch. After the tilak, the sibling gets his sister a sweet minimal present.
Bhai Dooj in Maharashtra
Around Maharashtra and Goa, Bhai Dooj is said as Bhao Beej in normal language. In Marathi Bhao implies sibling. On this eve the sister finishes the tilak after which she petitions God for his long life.
Bhai Dooj in Uttar Pradesh
In UP, the sister, subsequent to applying tilak on her sibling, offers him solidified sugar and water. It is additionally a custom to proffer the sibling water and dried coconut. The convention of giving water is followed in relatively every family unit.
Bhai Dooj in Bihar
There is a significant abnormal custom which is pursued just in Bihar and no place else. In Bihar on the eve of Bhai Dooj, the sister chides her sibling and even maltreatment him in the event that you like and later apologizes to him. This is done to clear the sibling from his past sins. After this custom has occurred, the sister applies tilak and offers desserts to the sibling.
Bhai Dooj in Nepal
The importance of tihar is tilak which is indicated by a blemish on the temple. Aside from this, Bhai Dooj is additionally called Bhai teeka for a similar reason. On this, the sister applies a tilak which contains seven hues and they petition God for the long and prosperous life for their siblings.
The Festival Bhai Dooj implies the bond that is shared by a sibling and sister. It is a bond like nothing else. So unadulterated thus valid in itself. It is without all the horrible and the degenerate things that we are so familiar with these days as it delicately advises us that amidst this, great things and silver linings, really exists.
Way to Celebrate Bhaiya Dooj
The customs are for the most part like that of Raksha Bandhan. The sister’s play out the aarti before putting on vermillion tika on the temples of their siblings and consequently the siblings bring presents for their sisters. Sisters feed their siblings with their most loved and other extraordinary suppers on this day. In spite of the fact that the ceremonies shift from place to put, yet the intention behind this custom continues as before.
In a few spots, siblings are made to sit on a seat made by their sisters out of the rice flour. They apply vermillion and rice staring them in the face and love. After that blossom, betel nuts and betel leaves are offered alongside coins.
Water is being poured on the palms and mantras are droned. Kalawa is tied on the wrist and Tilak is put on the temple. Sisters at that point lit a light the southern way asking for long existences of their siblings. It is additionally trusted that if the sisters see a kite flying, their desires are satisfied.
In Maharashtra and Haryana, it is exceptionally evident that the celebration will be praised, so on the off chance that the young lady has no sibling, can love the Hindu Moon God. They make delightful mehandi outlines staring them in the face as this is the day of convention and traditions.
Likewise, if the sibling is away, sisters appeal to Moon God for his long life and satisfaction. Siblings additionally respond through blessings and cash. In North India, this celebration is called Bhaiya Dooj and held two days after Diwali.
Additionally celebrated in Uttar Pradesh and Bihar by Awadhis. In West Bengal, it is known to celebrate alongside the Kali Pooja on the first and second day and is known as Bhai Phonta.
In spots like Karnataka, Maharashtra and Goa, it is known as Bhai Beej or Bhai Bij. Discussing Nepal, Bhai Tika as it is called, is viewed as a vital celebration after Dusshera.
Significantly individuals having a place with the standings of Chhetri, Tharu, Newari and Bahun praise this celebration and sisters implore the Lord of Death – Yamaraj for the long existence of their siblings.
This celebration is additionally called Yamadvitiya, Bhatri Ditya and Bhatru Dviteeya as individuals likewise venerate Yamaraj. Individuals appreciate this day with their loved ones. Desserts are served and the whole family meets up to sing melodies, play diversions and eat the sweet dishes.
The significance of Bhai Dooj
This celebration has an incredible hugeness for the Hindus. The sisters are energized during the current day as the siblings shower their adoration and friendship as blessings and presents.
It is identified with two accounts of the past which portray the devout connection among siblings and sisters. These two stories will doubtlessly be endearing and convey a considerable measure of joy to the hearts. These legends are passed on from ages and are venerated by the general population.
This celebration is commended as it is on this day that Lord Krishna made a visit to his sister Subhadra in the wake of crushing Narakasura upon the arrival of Diwali and, she invited him by putting a tika on his temple as an indication of triumph and offered him desserts and blooms. It is after this that the custom of Bhai Dooj started.
Another story is about Lord Yamaraj who visited his warm sister Yamuna (Yami) on this day after quite a while.
As she got the news she got so upbeat and invited him with Aarti, Tilakam, and offered desserts and festoons. He got extremely contacted by her motion and pronounced that any sibling, who will get a Tilak by his sister, could never be unnerved. This is the explanation for calling this celebration as Yama Dwitiya.
Reasons to celebrate Bhai Dooj festival
Bhai Dooj, the most recent day of the celebration yet extraordinary among all. Tihar is prevalently known for Bhai Dooj. That does not mean different days of the celebration are not critical, they are similarly essential also but rather Bhai Dooj is uncommon.
For the most part, Bhai Dooj is where sisters venerates their siblings and receive a blessing from their siblings consequently. Sisters apply tika to the temple of their siblings to express gratitude toward them for all their adoration and bolster and to shield them from the terrible.
The story behind the convention says that one-day Yamraj, the divine force of death visited her sister, the Yamuna where her sister connected tika on the brow of her sibling, Yamraj and they appreciated eating sustenances and desserts, talking and sharing their minutes.
That was the day when the declaration was made by Yamraj that any sibling who gets tika from her sister on that day will never kick the bucket.
For this conviction, everybody observes Bhai Dooj on this day. They apply tika on the brows of their sibling and finish the custom with other vital exercises and wishes for the long existence of their brother. Sisters thank their siblings by apply tika and offering festoon with desserts and organic products as siblings dependably ensure their sister.
The tales can fluctuate. Be that as it may, other than the conviction, the convention of Bhai Dooj is exceptional in light of the fact that it makes a warm holding among siblings and sisters.
Sisters and siblings praise this in the most extraordinary way. Siblings sit on the floor where the sisters apply the tika to their siblings. The tika is of 7 distinct hues for which it is otherwise called saptarangi tika.
Alongside the tika, the siblings are additionally offered with the festoons of blooms like marigold and so on, not just that, sisters likewise offer desserts and organic products, chocolates and love them customarily.
At that point after, sisters receive endowments consequently from their siblings; some get cash, some get blessings. The newars have from Kathmandu celebrated similarly aside from that they make mandalas and celebrate in the most customary way.
Some of the individuals who don’t have any sibling or sister, they rehearse this convention with their cousins. It is likewise trusted that the God of death, Yamaraj desires the life of the siblings so the sisters play out this custom for the long existence of their sibling which spares the siblings life.
While some who don’t have siblings go to the sanctuary at Ranipokhari. The 5th day is a standout amongst the most propitious days among the 5 days of the celebration.
Tihar is the celebration of lights. Tihar celebration is a five-day long festivals celebration in the Hindu pantheon. The primary day Tihar is Kag Tihar. Kag Tihar is named additionally as Kag Tihar Pooja. Kag Tihar implies love of crow. Be that as it may, the principle day of Tihar is Laxmi Puja, love of Hindu Wealth Goddess Maa Laxmi.
The fifth or the most recent day of Tihar is Bhai Dooj. Bhai Dooj is additionally named as Bhai Teeka, Vai Tika, Vai Teeka, Tihar Bhai Dooj. The motivation behind why this celebration is known as Bhai Dooj is that it falls on the second day after the new moon that is the Tika day.
Bhai Dooj is such multi day to petition God for the long existence of the siblings by sisters, or, in other words, “vai or Bhai”. As indicated by Hindu religious sacred writings, Yamaraj, the God of death, went to visit his sister’s home after an extensive stretch of the division.
His sister, Yami was exceptionally cheerful to see him and invited him by putting a promising imprint on his temple for his welfare.
Yami and Yamraj at that point shared a feast. He was so satisfied with his sister’s gathering, he broadcasted that consistently, on the Tika day, if a sister puts a Tika (Tilak) on her sibling’s temple, at that point nobody can hurt her sibling. Till date, this custom is pursued.
Sisters perform puja for their sibling’s security and prosperity. Siblings consequently offer endowments to their sisters as a token of affection. Fluctuated blessings uncommonly implied for Bhai Dooj is accessible in the market. This celebration of Tihar is inadequate without Bhai Dooj.
It is alluded as “Bharatiya” in the Madhesh locale of the Nepal and “Bhai-Dooj” in the India. Celebration Bhai Dooj. The motivation to observe Bhai Dooj in Hindu Pantheon. The motivation to observe Bhai Dooj in Hindu Pantheon.
15 Reasons Why to Celebrate Bhai Dooj
Bhai Dooj (Bhai Dooj brought in India), the celebration of praising the sibling and sister love, falls on the most recent day of the Tihar. Bhaitika is a multi day in which sisters revere their siblings and get blessings from siblings consequently.
In this day sisters apply tika on the temple of their siblings to shield them from the evilness. There are a few fanciful reasons and in addition different motivations to observe Bhai Dooj (Bhai Dooj). Some of them are recorded. Some of them are recorded beneath:
1) From the word just, it is realized that it is the day of sibling and sisters love. This day sibling is revered by their sisters for the security, love and care. This day is commended to fortify the connection among sibling and sister,
2) The legendary explanation for commending this celebration has its own significance. The divine force of death, Yamaraj visited his sister’s Yamuna house after quite a while. There he got a warm welcome from the Yamuna. She connected tika on his brow and sustained him a heavenly feast.
Being cheerful, Yamaraj declared that if sisters venerate her sibling on this specific day, no shrewdness can hurt her sibling. From that point forward Bhaitika (Bhai Dooj) is praised.
3) Brother dependably shields his sister from each evilness and awful circumstances. Upon the arrival of Bhaitika (Bhai Dooj), sister venerates her sibling for the insurance and care.
4) The explanation behind festival additionally connections to the time of Lord Krishna. In the wake of slaughtering an evil spirit named Narakasur, he went to his sister Subhadra where he got warm gathering with tika and diya. From the day, consistently sibling is loved by sister on this specific day.
5) It is likewise said that Lord Mahavir when gone to nirvana, his sibling was exceptionally miserable and in this circumstance, his sister support him. With the substance of this, consistently Bhai Dooj (Bhai Dooj) is commended.
6) Bhaitika is the celebration of the festival of the solid bond among sibling and sister. Sisters adore their sibling and wish for the long life and thriving of the sibling.
7) Putting the wreaths of Makhamali and dubo on siblings amid Tihar implies guaranteeing their flourishing and long life. These laurels additionally speak to the holding among sisters and siblings.
8) This day symbolizes the supplication made by sisters for the long life and thriving of their siblings as they are the person who secures them generally.
9) This day is praised in which sister put festoons of Makhamali which never blurs and supplicate that their sibling life is constantly loaded up with satisfaction and never blurs.
10) Brother and sister share the unbreakable bond. The security gets significantly more grounded and the sibling’s life is constantly loaded up with satisfaction and flourishing, sister venerates their sibling and this is the motivation to observe Bhai Dooj (Bhai Dooj).
11. As per Hindu religious sacred texts, Yamaraj, the God of death, went to visit his sister’s home after a significant lot of partition. His sister, Yami was extremely upbeat to see him and invited him by putting a favorable check on his temple for his welfare.
Yami and Yamraj at that point shared a supper. He was so satisfied with his sister’s gathering, he broadcasted that consistently, on the Tika day, if a sister puts a Tika (Tilak) on her sibling’s temple, at that point nobody can hurt her sibling. Till date, this custom is pursued.
Sisters perform puja for their sibling’s wellbeing and prosperity. Siblings consequently offer blessings to their sisters as a token of affection.
- As indicated by Hindu religious sacred writings, another rendition Lord Krishna, subsequent to murdering Narakasur, the evil presence ruler, went to meet his sister Subhadra. Subhadra invited him in the customary route by demonstrating to him a light and putting on his temple a Tika (tilak) of her genuine insurance.
- Some other Hindu religious sacred writings and legend says that Bhagawaan Mahavir discovered nirvana, his sibling Raja Nandivardhan exceptionally miserable and missed his sibling a great deal. Sister Sudarshana at that point console his sibling. From that point forward, ladies have been respected amid this celebration.
- The pith of the Bhai Dooj celebration is that it is commended to fortify the affection among siblings and sisters. It is a multi day of sustenance sharing, blessing giving and contacting the deepest profundities of the hearts. Siblings and sisters entertain themselves on this day by gifting each other blessings.
- Like all other Hindu celebrations, Bhai Dooj has a considerable measure to do with family ties and social connections. It fills in as a decent time, particularly for a wedded young lady, to get together with her very own family, and offer the post-Diwali glee.
Nowadays, sisters who can’t meet their siblings send their tika -the spot of insurance – in an envelope by post. Virtual tilaks and Bhai Dooj e-cards have made it considerably less demanding for siblings and sisters, who are far from one another, particularly recall their kin on this hopeful event.
What are the things required for Bhai Dooj?
A portion of the distinctive things utilized in Bhai Dooj for the custom are saptarangi tika, laurels and the hardware for making mandalas and so forth. In addition, numerous natural products with desserts and chocolates are required as a major aspect of the custom.
Additionally, the yogurt is likewise required as it is given as ‘sagun’ or, in other words of the critical parts of the custom.
Bhai Dooj is a deep rooted celebration and the manner in which it is being commended has stayed pretty much the equivalent. Notwithstanding, throughout the years, the manner in which sisters pass on their desires to their siblings has seen a huge change and this is for the most part because of the coming of the Internet age.
Prior, sisters whose siblings were far away would send their siblings cards or tika in encompasses days ahead of time. It would take numerous days to reach and now and again siblings would get the welcome or a card after the celebration was finished. Be that as it may, the online correspondence has changed all that.
Today, the Internet is overflowed with lovely Bhai Dooj cards and messages that you can send to your siblings. A considerable lot of these cards are free and tweaked, which implies that you can compose your own message on the card and send it crosswise over to your sibling. Not any more perpetual pausing! Simply tap on the card and it would achieve your sibling in only seconds.
To finish up, we can state that Bhai Dooj is one of the customs or convention of Tihar that lies on the 5th day. It is where sisters apply tika on the brow of their sibling and they likewise offer laurels made with marigold alongside products of the soil.
The sisters receive a blessing or cash from their siblings consequently. It is trusted that the sisters who venerate their siblings on this day will be honored from Yamraj and keeps on having a long life.
This is one of the convictions for which individuals play out this custom yet what is more essential in this extraordinary convention is it makes a delightful and warm holding among siblings and sisters.
It fortifies their relationship which is an ideal and excellent piece of this extraordinary convention. That is the reason Bhai Dooj is exceptional. Thatis the reason Bhai Dooj is viewed as the most vital day of the celebration.
Furthermore, Tihar is a celebration of lights when everybody is in a state of mind of festivity. This is the main time in a year, when we get the chance to witness the customary vailo’ tune and move, the fireworks lighting the sky delightful than at any other time, the time when we venerate crows and canines( Nepal is likely the main nation who reveres puppy once per year which is amid the 2nd day of Tihar) and the time when Nepal sparkles more brilliant than at any other time in an entire year.
Tihar certainly is a celebration that we ought not to miss. We are extremely honored to have a celebration like this.