Sunkoshi River : 1 of 10 Best White Water Rafting Trips in the World
This post is about Sun Koshi River Rafting in Nepal, which is considered one of the ten best White Water Rafting trips in the World. We try to include prices, costs, gorge, itinerary, map, grade, volume, days, and trip of Sun Koshi River rafting, Nepal.
We are trying to give you all information about rafting in Sun Koshi River. Thousands of foreigners rafters every year from New York City, Washington DC, Japan, China, India, San Francesco, London, Perish, Sydney, and Canada in this Sun Koshi River for rafting came here Nepal.
The Nepal’s rivers offer a wide variety of rafting, fishing and kayaking opportunities for rafters. In terms of rivers, Nepal can be divided into three main river systems. Those are Sapta Koshi, Sapta Gandaki and Karnali. Sun Koshi lies in Sapta Koshi river system.
Sun Koshi is the most popular and commercially run river of Nepal. Rafting in Sun Koshi River is known as one of the best white water journeys in the world.
SunKoshi Rafting in Nepal: Sun Koshi River Rafting Nepal
The Sun Koshi means “river of Gold”. So that Sun Koshi river is also known as river of gold. It is called river of gold because of its beauty and its orange colour in the monsoons when it is thick with alluvial silt.
Sun Koshi River is one of the ten best white water rafting trips in the world. The Sun Koshi River is considered as one of the best class 4 rivers in the world. Big rapids, warm water, beautiful scenery and great camping beaches make this a classic multi-day river trip.
Sun Koshi river rafting/kayaking – classic river trip is famous for being one of the top ten river journeys in the world. The ever changing scenery helps to ensure that every day on the river is exciting and different. The beginning of the trip sees high mountains, open valley, forests and small remote villages.
SEE ALSO: Name List of Rafting Agencies in Nepal
Upper section of this river is known as Bhote Koshi – river from Tibet. A small tributoary of the Sun Koshi joins it below Bare Bise.
Literal meaning of Sun Koshi is river of Gold in local language.
This “river of Gold” Sun Koshi is steep. Sun Koshi river is technical and not to be underestimated! Sun Koshi shares some of the most exciting rapids in the world with some of the most beautiful mountains in the Himalaya. There are some intense, challenging and continuous rapids in Sun Koshi River. You can also do some fishing trip in this river.
Sun Koshi River Rafting Trip is the Best for …
Rafting in Sun Koshi River is one of most popular white water rafting in Nepal. It is considered one of the ten best White Water Rafting trips in the World. It is an excellent rafting river. Here we have found some reasons that why it is best and for whom it is best.
- SunKoshi River rafting is an ideal choice for those wanting an intense and extreme rafting trip.
- Sunkoshi River rafting is better suited to those who have had previous rafting experience.
- Sun Koshi river rafting is excellent for those people who are interested in the abundance of nature found on this trip.
- The Sunkoshi River rafting trip is an excellent 7-9 days trip in an beautiful area.
- The Sunkoshi River rafting is the most exciting short white water adventure in Nepal.
- The Sun Koshi River is best for those who want to escape the crowds.
- The Sunkoshi River rafting is best for fishing rafting trip.
- Sun Koshi River Rafting is one of those trips which involve long day’s trek.
- Sunkoshi River rafting is best for watching from the riverbank to lose sight of the raft in the huge waters.
- Sun Kosi River rafting and kayaking is an ideal trip for those wanting to combine peaceful stretches of stunning scenery, some great and challenging rapids and the experience of a lengthy trip where lifelong friendships can often begin.
- Sunkoshi River rafting trip is best for a unique long river expedition with a good variety of all that Nepal.
Sun Koshi Rafting Itinerary : Sunkoshi River rafting Map
The Sun Koshi River is easily accessible from Biratnagar, Kathmandu, capital of Nepal. Sun Koshi river rafting trip starts from Dumja, instead of Dolalghat, new put-in point for Sun Kosi River Rafting/Kayaking trip.
It is about 3 hour drive east of Kathmandu. Rafting agencies provides private transport to the put-in point of Sun Kosi river trip. The 260 km. of river action can take either 7 or 10 days, it depends on the season. Raft put in point, Dollalghat is only 2 hours drive from Kathmandu.
Sun Koshi River Rafting Prices: Sunkoshi River rafting Costs
The Sun Koshi is the longest trip in river miles offered in Nepal. Prices of Rafting in Sun Koshi River are different from rafting agencies. There are many rafting agencies for giving the services of rafting in Sun Koshi River, Nepal. Costs of rafting in Sun Koshi River may be the approx. $550 Per person (Foreigner).
Facts about Rafting in Sun Koshi River
Sun Koshi River Class : 4, 4+, 5-
Sun Koshi rafting volume: 400 cms
Sun Koshi rafting starts From : Dolalghat – alt 625 m.
Sun Koshi rafting ends at : Chatara – alt 150 m.
Sun Koshi rafting Distance : 260 km.
Sun Koshi rafting River days: 7-10 days
Sun Koshi rafting Average gradient: 2 m/km
Sun Koshi rafting Scenery /wild: **
Sun Koshi rafting Star rating: ***
Best season in sun Koshi rafting : Sep – Nov / May – Jun