Get the cooking tips to cook Stuffed Green Peppers Recipe. After reading this post, you can make Stuffed Green Peppers Recipe yourself in your home. It is very to easy to cook Stuffed Green Peppers. Make sweet Stuffed Green Peppers recepe and have it. Stuffed Green Peppers Hariyo Kursani is very famous in India and Nepal.
Nepali Cooking Tips for Stuffed Green Peppers Recipe (Hariyo Kursani)
ingredients for Stuffed Green Peppers (hariyo khursani)
- 4 large sweet green peppers
- 2 medium onion
- 1 medium carrot
- 2 inch piece fresh ginger
- 6 cloves of garlic 4 cup green peas
- 1 small potato, grated
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tbsp oil for frying
Process of cooking Stuffed Green Peppers (hariyo khursani)
- Chop or grate potato, onion, carrot, ginger and garlic.
- Mix well with salt, pepper and cinnamon.
- Add peas. Heat oil in a pan.
- Fry all together till nicely cooked.
- Cut off the top of green peppers and remove seeds.
- Stuff with cooked vegetables.
- Replace top, using thread or string to hold them together if necessary.
- Put in the pan with a bit of additional oil.
- Cover and cook slowly till peppers are done.
- Serves 4.
Variation I : Tomatoes may be filled with the same stuffing and cooked in the same way. Instead of steaming, they can be baked in the oven.
Variation II : Instead of onion and carrot, meat can be substituted.