The vision of the Pokhara University
- The University has totally understood that it’s to partake and contribute to raising the living
- Standard and rising common place of a lifetime of the folks to originate the permanent peace,
- Prosperity and well being within the country by contributive to make paying employment
- Opportunities, raising production and productivity, removing the grind on work with the promotion and use of autochthones, native and acceptable technologies by promoting.
- And exploitation property energy and by dynamic the psychological science of the folks towards sustainable development goals and social justice.
The mission of the Pokhara University
The mission of Pokhara University is to develop as a Centre of Excellence for teaching.
By excelling teaching and learning, research, and publication activities; contributive to the national development method by manufacturing job market orientated, accountable, productive, central workplace service orientated and committed human resources; and linking the university system with the community services.
Goals of the Pokhara University
- to make the university system into a sophisticated center of learning, and analysis including frontier approach to review like open learning;
- to provide high level human resources equipped with information, skill, temperament, leadership, and human values, World Health Organization will meet gift day work challenges, act as change agents, and provides direction for the future;
- To function an establishment to form teaching accessible to the deprived section of the society;
- to form a positive contribution to educational scholarship, analysis and publication that will underpin and strengthen the teaching information and generate knowledge;
- to make a dynamic establishment capable of withstanding changes;
- To pursue excellence and quality altogether aspects of the university’s activities and services;
- To link the information, research, and publication with the productivity to serve the nation for the creation of data economy, particularly the weaker section of the society; and
- To extend the fight of the University in regional and international levels.
Financing of the Pokhara University
Pokhara University manages its expenditures chiefly from 3 sources: Kingdom of Nepal Government’s grants, revenue from students and related establishments. Plutonium has been stepping by step reducing its dependence on government coffer in line with Kingdom of Nepal Government’s economic policy of cost-effective sharing with non-public sectors.
However, it totally depends on government grants for funding the cost, particularly on building infrastructures for tutorial and body functions. With the native community-endowed land, plutonium provides areas for faculties and analysis Centers enclosed within the University arrange. Plutonium credits donors and contributors concerned within the construction of infrastructures, like hostel, library, stadium, and area.
Deciding Body of the Pokhara University
University Senate: it’s the supreme deciding body on policies, budget, and rules and laws. Incumbent Honorable Prime Minister is that the ex-officio president of the Senate. Honorable Minister of Education chairs the Senate Meeting within the absence of Premier, and decision maker chairs it within the absence of Minister of Education.
Senate consists of the representatives from District Development Committee, Municipalities, industrialists, farmers, social staff, academicians, donors, Ministry of Education, University Grants Commission, Higher Gymnasium, Kingdom of Nepal University Teacher Association, Pokhara University Teacher Association, edifice and alternative universities.
The decision maker, the Deans, four field Chiefs and 3 university academics nominative by the Chancellor are also the members of the Senate. The Registrar is that the member secretary of the Senate. Academic Council: Chaired by the decision maker, educational Council is an educational body of the university.
The Council is comprised of the heads of the foremost educational bodies, like the Registrar, Deans of various colleges, Chairmen of assorted subject committees, educationists, the Chief of center, Controller of Examinations, Chief of information Development Center, specialists and academics appointed by the Chancellor on the recommendation of the decision maker. The Council formulates policies and practices on curricula, teaching, examination, and educational programs of the university.
Executive Council: Chaired by the decision maker, the Council executes selections taken by the University Senate. it’s composed of seven members—the decision maker, one person from among Deans, one person from among the field Chiefs World Health Organization area unit members of the Senate, 3 persons from among members of the Senate as well as one teacher and therefore the Registrar.
The Registrar is that the ex-officio member secretary of the Council Others: Subject Committees and Examination Committee assist the university in coming up with educational programs, conduct examinations, and monitor selections created by the university.
University Service Commission recommends candidates to be recruited as per the necessity of the university. Currently, the University Senate has given approval to run educational programs under the College of Management Studies, School of Science and Technology, Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences and School of Health Sciences.
Location of the Pokhara University
The location of Pokhara University is in Khudi Dhungepatan in Pokhara Lekhnath Municipality of Kaski district which is 13 km east of Pokhara city (Prithvi Chowk) and is 8 km from Bijaypur Bridge. I academic complex of pu is built in the beautiful and scenic location of Seven Lake City of Lekhnath which is in the lap of the Himalayan range and peaks such as Mt. Machhapuchre, Mt. Dhaulagiri and Mt. Annapurna. Begnas Lake and Rupa Lake which are famous and beautiful are very near within walking distance of university academic complex and central office.
Faculty of the Pokhara University
The university has a faculty which is a group of university departments concerned with the major division of knowledge. Pokhara University is divided into four different faculties, which are:
Faculty of Sciences and Technology
The Faculty of Science and Technology which was established in the year 1997 was under the Pokhara University Act. In 1997. Pokhara University has adopted four years of Bachelor studies based on credit semester system. University has an academic year of two semesters of 16 weeks each.
Its vision is
- to conduct a range of effective and useful programs knowing the need of the adequately qualified and able professionals in many programmes of Applied Science and Engineering
- to give courses in health sciences, including other sectors like health tourism through standard higher education, health and community favor
- to develop the establishment into a Center of Excellence for Higher Education by improving teaching, accruing knowledge and research activities speed up the national development phenomenon by producing job work driven, accountable, productive, welfare centered and committed human workers
- to link the system of the university with services of community
It has goals such as
- it unfolds the creative and potentiality of students, supporting humanism, tolerance, reason, change and search for truth combative educational surrounding through extension programs
- it helps to develop experience human assets in the areas of law, science, management, technology, liberal arts, and learning and practical studies
- it helps to prepare creative and research focused on scientists in the different field of basic as well as applied sciences through private involvement in higher education
- it gives outstanding engineers, architects, technical experts equipped with praiseworthy ethical values, and capability to face problems of the 21st century
Characteristics of the Program
- it gives high educational standards and quality confidence
- it conducts extensive practical classes in the fully equipped laboratory and workshops
- it is dedicated and student-oriented faculty with different backgrounds, large technical experience, and high academic qualifications
- it has different programs concentrating on growth and development of the student as individuals as well as it helps to make leaders of tomorrow’s global community, weapon sing them with skills and view for rich and awarding careers
Standard education should necessarily not be a boundary to oratory. It has to be in originality and action, so that the university’s student use critical thinking skills discover positive view to work, and make competitiveness to shine brighter. PU, the youngest university system employing full-winged programs in the nation, points at producing human resources capable of working for the local as well as the global community.
Faculty of Management Studies
The Pokhara University the School of Management (Business) is an is a famous organization which has many resources with a very large group of faculty and graduate and undergraduate students. A big and famous business school of Pokhara University, the Faculty of Management Studies, for the betterment of education, mostly focuses on academic incensement and professional competence of each student. All of its faculty members and staff are committed for the enhancement of student communication skills by knowing learner challenges at the university.
The faculty has the following mission:
- to give quality-based programs in many areas of administration & management to get the needs and demands of a growing global market and complex business in the world
- To help focus on the world of employment, help by an international research capability on academic excellence and help in practical business.
- Gives business and management courses which combine a thorough grounding in both management theory and management practice with the chance to work in accounting, finance, human resource management, marketing, and international busi
The goals of the faculty are
- to get market-driven & work-oriented managers and executives who have various level of competence through teaching, learning and research activates
- to help the PU system to link with the community and the business world by producing business graduates with positive attitudes and expert minds
- to develop youths with management skills and professional work to face complex operational challenges at both home and aboard
In the twenty-first century, the world has witnessed uninterrupted expansion in the global market and economics, fast changes in business and technology, and growing concerns in business ethics. Pokhara University, therefore, believes that it is the duty of any work-oriented private organizations to see to this global expansion. The Faculty of Management Studies has the vision to address these issues and it serves the best interest of people and the community.