Get the cooking vegetable recipe tips for Potato with Bamboo Shoot Recipe. After reading this cooking tips and ideas, you can make Potato with Bamboo Shoot yourself in your home. This Nepali dish is very to easy to cook. for your kind information Potato with Bamboo Shoot is called Alu Tama Tarkari in Nepali language. Make deliciousAlu Tama ko Tarkari and have Nepali bamboo shoot recipe it. Alu Tama Tarkari is very famous in India and Nepal.
As we already mentioned above, Potato means Aloo, which is termed alu, aalu, aaloo, aloo, allu, alloo etc and Bamboo shoot means Tama, whcih is termed as tama, taamaa, tamaa, etc. So, Alu Tama ko tarkari simply means “Potato Bamboo Shoots vegetable recipe”. Alu Tama Tarkari is a unique and traditional Nepali and Indian dish. It is one of the most popular curry dish in Nepal and south Asian other countries. Let’s learn to cook these so delicious vegetable dish, cuisine.
How to Cook Potato with Bamboo Shoot (Alu Tama ko Tarkari)
ingredients for Cook Nepali bamboo shoot recipe
- 2 or 3 big potatoes
- 1/2 cup fermented bamboo shoot
- 1/2 tsp fenugreek seed
- 2 tbsp oil
- 8 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp meat masala
- 1 tbsp Ghee
- 1 inch ginger
Process of cooking Nepali bamboo shoot recipe
- Boil potatoes, peel them and mash.
- Heat oil in a pan,
- add fenugreek seed till it gets black.
- Add chopped ginger and garlic,
- Fry it brown then
- add turmeric powder, cumin powder, chilli powder and meat masala.
- Stir well and add mashed potato,
- cook till it get redish brown stiring several times.
- Add one litre water, bamboo shoot, stir well and
- cook until medium thick.
- Add ghee just before taking off the fire.
- Serve with plain rice, puffed rice or as soup.
Note:- meat broth can be added to make more tasty.
More photos are available in photos.imnepal.com