48. So these green indications have opened the door of foreign investment. In Nepal, many foreign investors are looking and doing the research on their sector to invest. Huge numbers of Small Foreign Investments come to Nepal via the NonResident Nepali, who are investing in Shopping Mall, Plaza, Real Estate Business, Tourism etc.
49. Many of the Nepali have opened their own business circle in the abroad market. The income from the abroad is also come in Nepal by the nonresidential Nepali. Nepal entered into an agreement for avoidance of double taxation (all in credit method) with 10 countries (PSRD) since 1987. Similarly, it has an Investment protection agreement with 5 countries (PSRD) since 1983. In 2014, Nepal restricted the Foreign aid by setting the minimum limit for foreign grants, soft and commercial loans from its development partners.
50. As the country have many great scopes of electricity production and the investors are also investing their money in producing electricity. Nepal is rich in water resources and has a capacity of producing 83000-megawatt electricity.
51. But presently only 836-megawatt electricity is produced. And it has also said that 277 megawatts will be added this year so that the total production of electricity will reach 1115. As Nepal has the huge capacity of Hydroelectricity due to which a huge number of foreign companies are in line but the political instability has stopped the process at the same time it’s growing on its own.
Imports and exports
Representation of Nepal’s exports.
52. As Nepal is rich in agriculture, mostly the farmers are engaged in it. Nepal also produces confit and export it. The great source of exporting the Nepalese good and the product is country identification.
53. Nepal mostly exports the Chhurpi to America for the dog’s food. Nepal’s merchandise trade balance has improved somewhat since 2000 with the growth of the carpet and garment industries. In the fiscal year 2000-2001, exports posted a greater increase (14%) than imports (4.5%), helping bring the trade deficit down by 4% from the previous year to $749 million.
54. Recently, the European Union has become the largest buyer of ready-made garments (RMG) from Nepal. Exports to the EU accounted for 46.13 percent of the country’s garment exports. Nepal is also self-dependent on the producing of noodles.
55. And the famous Nepalese brand’s noodles is Wai Wai of Chaudhary’s group. And the Nepalese noodles is also exported to many countries. It shows that the production of Nepal is sold in the different country of the world.
56. The Nepalese carpet is famous in the world which is exported to many European countries.
57. The increase meant in exporting will increase the slopes of economy curves. Strong export performance, including earnings from tourism, and external aid have helped improve the overall balance of payments and increase international reserves.
58. If the country exports the product of Nepal then the Nepalese is also respected. The product of Nepal gets a good market which helps to increase the Remittance of the country. Several multilateral organization such as the World Bank, the Asian Development Bank, and the UN Development Programme also provide assistance.
I am Jitendra Sahayogee, a writer of 12 Nepali literature books, film director of Maithili film & Nepali short movies, photographer, founder of the media house, designer of some websites and writer & editor of some blogs, has expert knowledge & experiences of Nepalese society, culture, tourist places, travels, business, literature, movies, festivals, celebrations.