PDF documents are used in the everyday work of virtually every organization. We use them, among others: for saving, reading and sending contracts, reports, presentations, books or educational materials. This guide will show you how to create an interactive PDF, how to combine or split PDF files, how to password protect them, resize them, and how to prepare PDF with editable text fields.
PDF documents – why is this format so popular?
What makes PDF documents so popular? First of all, the fact that no matter what device we open them on, they remain unchanged. Nothing falls apart or moves, the hyperlinks remain active and the graphics are properly arranged. Also when printing, we can be sure that the entire PDF document will be clear and legible.
However, you must remember that a PDF file is not a document that cannot be changed. There are many tools available on the Internet, both paid and free, that allow you to edit PDF files. Additionally, some PDF editors allow you to create documents with active fields for users to complete.
Why do companies use PDF?
PDF is one of the most compatible file exchange formats, making it very useful in operations that require presenting and sharing large amounts of information.
PDF files can be opened and viewed on a variety of devices and operating systems, and can also be password protected, which helps keep important documents confidential and only allow people who are authorized to open them to view them.
PDF editor, i.e. programs for editing PDF files
The easiest way to edit a PDF file is to import it into Word. However, by opening a document this way, we also change its formatting. It is much safer to use one of the online tools designed to edit this format without interfering with its layout. Among the free programs that allow you to work with PDF files, it is worth paying attention to two that offer a number of useful functions.
SwifDoo PDF – an all-in-one PDF program
If you need to edit text in a PDF file, SwifDoo PDF is perfect. It allows you to rewrite, delete and reformat text. The program also adapts well if the document uses a font that is not installed on your computer. You can also attach comments, split PDF files, and extract pages .
Some features visible in menus and toolbars are only available in the premium version of the software, but you can easily access for completely free in the free trial version.
The prior tool that allows you to edit documents is SwifDoo PDF, which enables, among others:
- editing text and images in the file, adding, deleting and modifying existing text and images,
- creating interactive PDF forms containing text fields, checkboxes, etc.
- adding watermarks to the file, making it easier to identify and protect privacy,
- combining and splitting PDF files,
- Its online converter tools allow you to convert from/to PDF files freely, without the need to install the program on your computer.
One of the most interesting features of SwifDoo is the ability to OCR your PDFs, which are gaining popularity due to their flexibility and ease of use. Creating such documents using SwifDoo PDF allows you to add text fields, stamps, signature, etc.
iLovePDF – free PDF editor
iLovePDF is a free browser tool that allows, among others:
- converting PDF files to formats such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, JPG, PNG and others,
- password protection of files, which protects them against unauthorized access,
- removing unnecessary pages from the file,
- adding comments to files, which facilitates communication and collaboration with other people,
- adding watermarks to files, making it easier to identify and protect privacy,
- combining several files into one,
- dividing a file into several smaller files.
Who can create an editable PDF file?
Setting the conversion options correctly may require a certain level of technical skill. Graphic design professionals and digital marketers can also create professional and effective editable PDF files.
Now anyone with access to word processing software such as SwifDoo PDF and iLovePDF can create an editable PDF file.
Creating an editable PDF allows you to create interactive forms that are easy to fill out. This is especially useful for companies and organizations that want to receive information from their customers or employees. Users can complete and submit these forms directly online, avoiding the cost and complexity of manual processes.