Islam religion in Nepal: Muslim in Nepal
Islam is the code of life ordained by the Almighty ALLAH. Islam means submission to ALLAH and its another meaning is PEACE. Oneness of GOD is the main teaching of Islam. It is not a new religion, rather it is the same message preached by all earlier prophets such as Noah, Abraham, Moses, and Jesus (peace be upon them all). But ALLAH’S final message to mankind was revealed to the last prophet, Muhammad (Peace be upon him), as a revival of last teachings of previous prophets and as a reconfirmation of the eternal message. The followers of Islam are called Muslims.
Islam is also the monotheistic religion founded in Arabia in the 7th century based on the teaching of Muhammad as laid down in the Koran; Islam is a complete way of not a Sunday religion,” term Mohammedanism is offensive to Muslims who believe that Allah, not Muhammad, founded their religion.” Mohammed was bran at Mecca of Saudi Arab in 560 A.D. He was a great reformer of the Muslim religion.
He was the last messenger of Allah. The Kuran is the holy book of Muslims. It is a sacred writing of Islam revealed by God to the Prophet Muhammad during his life at Mecca and Medina. One day, an angel presented before him and said, “God has anointed you as His Messenger, you share knowledge and wisdom to all who are suffering from grief, injustice, and tyranny and rescue them from it.” After that, Mohammed began to preach the message of God.
Islam is predominant in northern Africa, the Middle East, Pakistan, and Indonesia. like other religions, it has also spread to different parts of the world. The Islamic pilgrimage is called “Hajj”. The place to pray of Islam is Mosque where Muslims perform “Namaz” and pray five times a day. Shia and Sunni are two seeds of Islam. Sunni Muslim is a member of the branch of Islam that accepts the first four caliphs as rightful successors to Mohammed. Shia Muslim is a member of the branch oi Islam that regards Ali as the legitimate successor to Mohammed and rejects the first! three caliphs (religious leader of Muslim). The chief essence of Islam is “La Illah Allah Muhammad Rasulullah,” which means us let pray Mohammed as a great] person!
Quran: A Holy Book of Muslim
Quran is the holy book of Islam. It prescribes certain rules to be followed by its followers. These rules shape their cultures and customs. Muslims go to the Mosque to worship and to read Namaz(prayer). They don’t worship any images. They celebrate main two festivals Eid-ul-Fitr and Eid-ul-Adha.
- Islam is another one of the major religions in Nepal.
- Islam is a monotheistic and Abrahamic religion.
- The founder of Islam religion is Paigambar Muhammad.
- The people following Islam religion are called ‘Muslim’ or ‘Musalman’. [An adherent of Islam is called ‘Muslim’].
- The worshipping place of this religion is called ‘Masjid’ and their holy book is ‘Quran’.
- They say ‘Allah’ to god and believe that God is one and incomparable and the purpose of existence is to worship God.
- The Paigambar Muhammad was born in Mecca, Medina of Saudi Arab which is a famous pilgrimage of Muslim people and the vow to reach there once in their life.
The significant and specific duties of Islamic people are:
• Go to Mosque and read Koran.
• Execute Namaz, pray five times a day.
• Solemnize ‘Rosa’ of 30 days fasting during the period of Ramzan.
• Create’Hajj or pilgrimage to Mecca.
• Depend on ‘Kayamat,’ Judgement day.