Get 10 interesting facts about the statue of Kailashnath Mahadev at Sanga, Bhaktapur Nepal.
10 Facts about Lord Shiva Statue at Sanga Bhaktapur Nepal
Sanga, where Lord Shiva Statue is situated 20 km from Kathmandu, Nepal.
Here are 10 interesting facts about this site:
- This temple of Kailashnath Mahadev at Sanga Nepal was inaugurated on 21st June 2010 or 2067/03/07 Monday but the construction of the Mahadev statue began in 2004.
- Inauguration of this Kailashnath Mahadev Statue was done by Mr. Sarad Singh Bhandari, the then minister for Tourism and Civil Aviation of Nepal Government.
- This statue of Lord Shiva is supposed as tallest Shiva statue in Asia. It may be the world’s tallest Lord Shiva Statue.
- Initial funding and initiation of this project of the temple of Lord Shiva were done by famous businessman Mr. Kamal Jain.
- Building Cost of this Sanga Temple was around 1.2 Crore Nepali Rupees (Around 1.3 million US Dollars)
- Entry fee of Sanga Bhanyang Temple of Lord Shiva is Rs. 100 Nepali Rupees currently per person.
- This site is located at Sanga Bhanjyang, the border of Bhaktapur and Kavrepalanchwok districts in Nepal.
- This statue of Kailashnath Mahadev is 143 feet high.
- The statue of Lord Shiva is made with copper, cement, zinc, and steel.
- There are more than 5,000 visitors on a week. There are more visitors to come and see the statue of Mahadev on the weekends, national holidays and festivals.
more photos are available.