List of Departmental Stores in Nepal
This post is about information about departmental store and name list of Departmental Stores in Nepal. It includes list of departmental store in Kathmandu valley and out of Kathmandu valley as well.
A departmental store is a huge and large-scale retail organization situated in a central place in the city. Departmental store in Nepal are also situated in a central place in the city like Kathmandu, Lalitpur, Bhaktapur, Pokhara, Janakpur, Biratnagar, Birgunj, Nepalgunj, Dharan, Jhapa, Damak, Itahari, Chitwan etc. This departmental store is divided into a number of small shops of departments. Each department is specialized in particular kind of product.
Definition of departmental store
According to James Stephension, “A big store is engaged in the retail trade of a wide variety of articles under the same roof.”
Hence, it is said that departmental store usually supplies all the retail needs of the consumer from “Needle to Airplane”. Therefore, departmental store is a collection of shops all under the same roof, each shop dealing in a particular line. The principle behind the establishment of a departmental store is to sell more goods to the same customer by providing different products.
SEE ALSO: List of Supermarket in Nepal
Feature of departmental store in Nepal
The basic features of Departmental Stores in Nepal are as follows:
- Location in central goods.
- Providing wide variety of goods.
- Management, control and sales are centralized.
- Fulfills the needs of a richer and better class of the population.
- Pull the customers by continual advertisement.
- Maintain a very large number and variety of consumer goods.
Importance of departmental store in Nepal:
A departmental store is a group of shops all under the same roof, each dealing in a particular line of retail trade. This is a huge retail shop situated in a central place in the city, divided into a number of small shops or departments. All such departments are under one management and control. the basic principle of departmental store is that it is easier to sell more goods to the same customer and it has to pull the customers by continual advertisement etc. the importance or advantage of Departmental Stores in Nepal are as follows:
- Shopping convenience: It enables a customer to purchase all his requirements in one place. It saves time and labour spent on visiting different shops.
- Automatic advertising: A customer, who enters the store to purchase a couple of articles, can easily be persuaded to purchase many other articles from other departments situated in the same building.
- Complete service: the courtesy, fair treatment and services, free home deliveries etc are offered by the departmental store attracts a considerable number of customers.
- Central location: Departmental store is located in the heart of the city. It is therefore, easily accessible to all those who live in the surrounding localities.
- Wide selection: In a departmental store, a customer can make a much better selection of goods due to the stocking of a very wide variety of goods.
- Economics of large scale: it can enjoy on the advantage and economies of a large-scale organization due to the large-scale organization.
- Adequate capital: Departmental store has a huge capital and can spend large amount of money in continual advertising to keep its name before the public.
- Attractive layout: the layout of this store is generally attractive. Therefore, it can attract customers.
Name List of Departmental Stores in Nepal (Kathmandu)
1. SOPHIA MEGA MART PVT. LTD.
2. BHATBHATENI SUPER MARKET
3. SALEWAYS DEPARTMENT STORE PVT. LTD.
Jorpati-3, Shantitole , Kathmandu
5. BAGESHWARI DEPARTMNETAL STORE
6. CENTRAL DEPARMENTAL STORE
7. DEPARTMENT STORE PVT. LTD.
New Baneshwor, Kathmandu
8. DILLIBAZAR SUPER MARKET
9. GOSULI DEPARTMENTAL STORES PVT.LTD.
New Road, Pokhara
10. KASTHAMANDAP BAZAR