In this article, you can get knowledge about fishing in Nepal, fishing in Nepal Youtube, mahseer fishing in Nepal, fly fishing in Nepal, trout fishing in Nepal, fishing rod in Nepal, fishing tour in Nepal, a fishing trip in Nepal, fishing spots in Nepal, river fishing in Nepal etc.
Fishing in Nepal: Information about Mahseer, Trout, River, Trips, Tours
Fishing in Nepal is another famous tourism activity that attracts tourists in Nepal. Information about Mahseer, Trout, River, Trips, Tours for Fishing in Nepal is posted here. Gradually, the fishing sport is gaining popularity in Nepal in a very fast way. A trip for Fishing in Nepal is less advertised. Because of that, it is little known than other tourism activities in Nepal. Fishing activities in Himalayan Rivers and lakes are all the more amusing in mountain streams. Now, the message ‘Nepali lakes and rivers offer good fishing ground’ must be spread all over the world.
Nepal has rich fresh-water resources, which are comprised of snow fed rivers, lakes and torrential mountain-streams. Hydrosphere of Nepal comprises about 7,26,380 hectares. The fresh-water stretches which cover such an extensive area are of great importance from the point of view of the development of aquaculture, power generation, and recreational fisheries.
The aquatic environment of Nepal can broadly be divided into two headings: (a) logic or running water such as rivers and streams, and (b) lentic or standing water such as lakes and swamps. The waterfront of the Koshi, Gandaki, Karnali and Mahakali rivers and rivulets provide excellent opportunities for those who are interested in angling in Himalayan waters of Nepal. Equally good fishing water with intrinsic recreational interest can be found in alpine and sub-alpine lakes such as Rara and Ringmo. Many placid emerald green lakes of Pokhara Valley such as Phewa, Rupa, and Begnas provide good fishing waters for those fastidious anglers who like to catch sportive fishes of Nepal. Most of the water-mass such as the Kali Gandaki, Sun Koshi, Arun and Tamur rivers teem with large sportive fishes.
Fishing is one of the very interesting and attractive sports for that one who is tolerant enough. Fishing is the interesting sports for those tolerant enthusiasts Nepal would be the perfect destination for making the fishing trip. As we all know that Nepal is the world’s second-richest country in the water resources. In terms of benefits of fishing in Nepal, there are various numbers of rivers and lakes which offer the enjoyment of fishing activities.
If you have plenty of time and loads of patient then Angling or Fishing in Nepal could be a very interesting sport for you. Fishing sport is an eco-friendly sport which requires your great patient and lots of time. Fishing sport would not be suited for those persons who are out of patience when they lose a fish. Fishing sport would not be suited for those persons who are out of patience and feel getting tired while waiting for their catch. There is no doubt that Nepal, the world’s second rich country in the water resources having numbers of rivers and lakes, is an ideal location for the pleasure of fishing and angling.
Fishes of Nepal are biologically diverse. As Nepal is about 950km away from the sea, fossils of marine fish are only found in the ancient Tethys sea zone and Shiwalik zones. Freshwaters of Nepal supports a vast array of fish comprising about 200 species, many of which have got food, recreational and academic value. This unique assemblage of freshwater fish and their adaptive modifications is the result of Nepal’s topography, climate, and geography. Nepal provides quite a great opportunity for zoo-geographer to examine the vertical distribution of fish from all altitudes ranging from 80 m to 2700 m. Fresh water fish of Nepal show great diversity in their structures and they have developed many specialties in response to the fluctuating mountain torrents and the current of the river-waters. Nepal falls in between the major zoogeographic regions: Palearctic in the north and Oriental in the south with a mixture of both fauna throughout the length of the country. Basically, fish fauna of the high land river system is Palearctic while that of the Midland is strictly Indochinese ( a subregion of Oriental) and the fish fauna in the water mass of the lowland is that of Indian (Sub-region of Oriental) sub-region. Fish of Nepal share many generals with those of south-east Asia and they consist predominantly of carp, barbels, minnows. Nepal’s food fishes are several which comprise carp, catfish, feather backs, minnows, eels, etc.
Fresh water fish of Nepal show great diversity in their structures and they have developed many specialties in response to the fluctuating mountain torrents and the current of the river-waters. Nepal falls in between the major zoogeographic regions: Palearctic in the north and Oriental in the south with a mixture of both fauna throughout the length of the country. Basically, fish fauna of the high land river system is Palearctic while that of the midland is strictly Indochinese ( a subregion of Oriental) and the fish fauna in the water mass of the lowland is that of Indian (Sub-region of Oriental) sub-region. Fish of Nepal share many generals with those of south-east Asia and they consist predominantly of carp, barbels, minnows. Nepal’s food fishes are several which comprise carp, catfish, feather backs, minnows, eels, etc.
Basically, fish fauna of the high land river system is Palearctic while that of the midland is strictly Indochinese ( a subregion of Oriental) and the fish fauna in the water mass of the lowland is that of Indian (Sub-region of Oriental) sub-region. Fish of Nepal share many generals with those of south-east Asia and they consist predominantly of carp, barbels, minnows. Nepal’s food fishes are several which comprise carp, catfish, feather backs, minnows, eels, etc.
The fishing adventure in the placid lakes of the mountains and the murmuring brooks of the hills, the rippling snow-fed rivulets and the tumultuous torrents winding through precipitous gorges lure every angler. A visitor can enjoy touches of natural beauty of Himalayan water-transgression to every perfection. For those who do not want to handle a rod and line, it is a joy and delight to watch the silvery fish flinging upwards and moving with grace crystal clear waters of Nepal.
Some exotic fish such as common carp, German carp, big-headed carp, and trout have been introduced in the ponds and lakes of Nepal for the development of recreational fisheries.
Fishing tour in Nepal or fishing trip in Nepal or fishing spots in Nepal
Nepal is second richest country for water resources in the world. Thousands of rivers originating from Himalayas are the fresh water sources. Besides them there are hundreds of lakes in the country as well for the water sources. If you are interested in fishing tour in Nepal, agencies of Nepal make the best holiday trip with camping accommodation in remote rivers and enjoying with your fishing patient trip. There are hundreds of wild rivers where you can go for fishing. There are dozens of agencies that arrange and organize fishing tour in Nepal’s rivers and lakes. The agencies will manage your fishing tour in Nepal or fishing trip in Nepal or fishing spots in Nepal.
You can see more than 118 varieties of fresh water fish in this Himalayan water. Here in the Nepal’s rivers and lakes, fisher can spot varieties of trout- rainbow trout and common ones.
Some of the popular fishing trips are done in Karnali, Babai, Seti, Trishuli as well as in Kali Gandaki and in Koshi rivers.
Fishing trip agencies for fishing in Nepal:
There are many fishing trip agencies who organize fishing trips in Nepal. The trip may be close to Kathmandu or far from Kathmandu. Agencies offer good grounds for fishing in Nepal for the fishing adventure lovers.
Being blessed with a natural fountain of water and the river resources, the array of rivers offers fishing trips in Nepal like Karnali, Seti and Trisuli rivers on the Tribhuvan Highway and also in the confluence of Kaligandaki and Trisuli River.
Species of Fish in Nepal’s river (mahseer fishing in Nepal or trout fishing in Nepal):
You can see approximately more than 185 different species of exotic fish are dancing around the fresh Himalayan water. One can found approximately 118 varieties of fresh water fish in these Himalayan waters in which Mahaseer is the most commonly sought sport fish.
They can be the Mahseer, mountain stream trout, catfish, Murrei, rainbow trout, common trout and crap (the crap is the largest fish which can be of several kilos). It is an exciting and wonderful spot to hook out the colorful fish in the clear Rivers. Your desire for mahseer fishing in Nepal or trout fishing in Nepal can be fulfilled easily.
The best season for fishing in Nepal:
Fishing in Nepal is one of the wonderful activities. The best season for sport fishing in Nepal is from October to November and February to May. Fishing Sport is also gaining popularity in Nepal. The fishing seasons vary from place to place. The best fishing time in Trans-Himalayan rivers is from February to May. In large rivers of Terai, the best fishing season is from September to April. In the alpine lakes fishing as a sport may be done with greater success at night by using artificial lights as lures, for example torches (Diyalo) during the months March and April. Killing fish by spear is a matter of great thrill, sport and tackle. In tropical lakes fishing can be done throughout the year except in the breeding season which ranges from May to July.
Ethnic group found during the fishing trip in Nepal
Ethnic group found during the fishing trip in Nepal is depend on the the rivers and lakes of Nepal you are fishing in. Bote, Majhi, Tharu, Danuwar and Machhuwar are some of the ethnic group living in the hills and terai region of Nepal who are involved in this fishing activity like a daily chores. Their everyday meals are based on it or some even might keep it as the light income source.
Rivers and lakes for fishing in Nepal (river fishing in Nepal):
There are many rivers and lakes allowed by the government for an fishing trip in Nepal. Although they’re not much more still there are hundreds of rivers for fishing in Nepal. large catfish, mural, and carp are found in the Terai the river water in abundance.
In some of river, fishing is strictly prohibited by the government of Nepal. It is not allowed for fishing some fishes in Nepal’s rivers. While fishing one should keep in mind to take care of some other aquatic species such as fresh water dolphins, crocodiles etc during fishing in the rivers like Koshi, Rapti and Narayani.
Karnali, Seti and Trisuli rivers on the Tribhuvan Highway and Kaligandaki and Trisuli River are some major rivers of Nepal for fishing sport. Betrawati, Indrawati, Karnali, Babai, and Bheri are some of the major rivers where fishing sport is possible. These are some rivers for fishing in Nepal (River fishing in Nepal).
Author: Rithima Rijal
20 Facts about fishing in Nepal:-
Fishing is the interest of in search of to seize fish. Fish are usually stuck inside the wild. Strategies for catching fish include hand accumulating, spearing, netting, angling, and trapping. Fishing may additionally encompass catching aquatic animals other than fish, inclusive of mollusks, cephalopods, crustaceans, and echinoderms. Fishing is not typically done to catching farmed fish, or to aquatic mammals, alongside whales in which the time period whaling is more appropriate.
So, why fishing in Nepal?
Let’s have a talk about acts approximately fishing in Nepal. In this article, you can get statistics facts about fishing in Nepal. Fishing tour in Nepal or fishing trip in Nepal is to be had effortlessly through groups.
Here is the list of 20 amazing facts about fishing in Nepal. Here is the list of 20 amazing facts about fishing in Nepal.
1. Fishing is an eco-friendly sport perfectly suited for a country like Nepal, rich in water resources of varied nature and courses.
2. Fishing is one of the fascinating games for those who are adequate liberal. And, for those liberal peoples, Nepal would be the great target for making the fishing excursion.
3. Nepal is kept in the world’s 2nd richest country in the water resources together with a number of rivers and lakes which offer gratification of fishing.
4. Fishing in Nepalis primarily and outstanding water sport testing tolerance patience along with long enduring abilities to entice a fish to lure into the bait or an angle is interesting and rewarding as well.
5. Nepal consists of many spots to catch the different species of fishes from golden Mahseer, rainbow trout to huge catfish and carps for the fishing enthusiasts.
6. Amongst the numerous fishes that can be found in this river, the Golden Mahseer is appreciated greater than the others, the most important fishing location is Karnali. Karnali is the wonderful location for Mahseer fishing.
7. Fishing in Nepalis always remembered for the elusive Golden Himalayan. This particular aquatic species is an aggressive feeder and weighs over 100lbs (50kgs) easily one of the great sporting fresh water fish found in the Indian sub-continent.
8. More than one hundred species of fishes are encountered here making Nepal the prime destination for fishing.
9. Fishing in Nepal has been developing as the sport in Nepal and it requires lots of patience to catch the fish.
10. Fishing can be done independently but it is not recommended as it is not considered safe. No! The fish won’t catch you but you might get drowned in the deep lakes and raging rivers if not guided properly.
11. various well-known fishing area are Karnali Betrawati, Indrawati, Karnali, Trishuli, Koshi, Babai in Bardia, Chitwan’s waterway confluences, Dolalghat, also on Kodari main road plus lakes of Pokhara, are most popular rivers where fishing can be done.
12. However, most significantly Karnali is a boom and god gifted place for fish lovers and provides an excellent spot for the fishing enthusiast.
13. Nepal is a ground of an assortment of natural features, type of weather, civilization, and biodiversity. More or less, here, 185 species of fish are found and most outstanding ones are the trout’s, catfish, Murrel, rainbow trout, ordinary trout along with the crap.
14. Regarding the fishing months, February, March, April, May, October, and November are considered as an ideal.
15. In addition, fishing is all the more entertaining in streams in mountains. There we will spot kinds of trout- rainbow trout and ordinary ones.
16. The Himalayan Rivers plus lakes are gift excellent basis for fishing for the fishing enthusiasts. Additionally, fishing inside the rivers within the Terai location could be a dream work for fishing enthusiasts.
17. In Terai region, people can observe large catfish, mural as well as carp. Similarly, the Mahseer is a large and much- cherished sports fish found in the Geruwa River that goes round. But, its figures are falling speedily.
18. In several River fishing is harshly prohibited however while fishing in the river, the fisherman should remember to protect some extra aquatic animals such as freshwater dolphins, Alligators, etc in the Koshi, Rapti and Narayani River.
19. The activity of fishing like hunting is not well-advertised in Nepal but is promising as well as satisfying.
20. There are some particular ethnic peoples in the hills as well as Terai region of Nepal whose source of revenue depends on fishing.
Thus, it can be clearly said that “There are many traveler enchantment points in Nepal”. Nepal is blessed with natural things. There are many things which might be blessed with nature. Among many, rivers are one of them which are blessed with the aid of nature. Right here is in Nepal, there are thousands of rivers, blessed by using nature. Therefore, fishing in Nepal is one of the maximum vital and delightful tourist enchantment points to be had in Nepal. Things to do in Nepal are fishing as properly. Fishing is considered one of much stuff to do in Nepal. So, these are the 20 most important facts about fishing in Nepal.
Writer: Saugat Jung Thapa
Fishing in Nepal : Information about Mahseer, Trout, River, Trips, Tours
fishing in Nepal
fishing in Nepal Youtube
mahseer fishing in Nepal
fly fishing in Nepal
trout fishing in Nepal
fishing rod in Nepal
fishing tour in Nepal
fishing trip in Nepal
fishing spots in Nepal
river fishing in Nepal
More photos of fishing in Nepal are on photos.imnepal.com