So, you have aimed to be an engineer? That’s good choice. Have you decided which college to join yet? There are many engineering colleges in Nepal and all of them have their own importance. You will be confused which one to join. Have you ever researched which are the best engineering colleges in Nepal?
Before joining any educational institution, you must research about it so that you feel that this is the right choice for your career. Bachelor of Engineering is of 4 years while Master is of 2 years. So, if you want to spend your time with the best engineering colleges, then here are the lists of top 10 engineering colleges of Nepal.
List of Top 10 Engineering Colleges in Nepal
Institute of Engineering, Pulchowk Campus
Pulchowk Engineering Campus is the best engineering campus in Nepal. It is the topmost engineering college of Nepal. It has a very good academic faculty, infrastructure, and learning environment.
Many students after their higher secondary school level prepare for the entrance exam of this college. Since it has limited seat, only those who can come at the top of the list of the entrance exam get a chance to admit in the college. So, it is one of the toughest competition in Nepal.
There are three other constituent campuses and ten affiliated engineering colleges of Tribhuvan University. In the engineering field, Pulchowk campus has a unique and globally recognized image.
Pulchowk engineering campus is not offering Bachelor in engineering programs as well it is conducting the program of Masters in engineering on various disciplines as well it also offering Ph.D. programs.
Every year, IOE conduct the entrance examination for the admission of Bachelor in engineering and M.Sc. programs. Eligible students who are aspired to study engineer from all over the country appear the entrance exam and only the few of them get the chance to study engineering in Pulchowk campus on the basis of merit.
Over the past few years, the toughest competition occurs in entrance exam among the students to get admitted in the pulchowk campus. Actually, the students who are studying in the Pulchowk campus are considered to be the competitive engineers who are performing well in their respective areas and in further studying which is also outstanding.
As, the pulchowk campus has well organized structure. It has been designated self-regulating each program to the respective departments.
The departments of pulchowk campus are;
- Department of Architecture and Urban Planning
- Department of Civil Engineering
- Department of Electrical Engineering
- Department of Electronics and Computer Engineering
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Department of Science and Humanities
In pulchowk campus, in the B.E. program the current intakes of students are
|Category||Civil||Mechanical||Computer||Electronics and Communication||Electrical||Architecture|
As the total intake of students in Bachelor level is 228 (Regular) + 204(Full fee)= 432 students per year.
Pulchowk campus has master programs in the various faculties such as;
Urban Planning, Structural Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Water Resources Engineering, Renewable Energy Engineering, Information and Communication Engineering, Power System Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, Transportation Engineering, Sustainable Water Sanitation Health & Development, Technology Innovation and Management, Disaster Risk Management, Climate Change (Proposed), Hydropower Engineering( Proposed).
The engineering degree offered by Kathmandu University is another best engineering degree in Nepal that has world recognition. It is one of the best university of Nepal due to its high standard academic excellence.
After Pulchowk, many students opt for this university for an engineering degree. The university is providing the various undergraduate, graduate and postgraduate programs in engineering and in other faculties also.
It has been offering chemical, electrical, computer, electronics, civil engineering and geomatics engineering.
For more information, visit www.ku.edu.np.
Kathmandu University is an autonomous, non – governmental institution established to maintain high standards of academic excellence. Through the quality education, it is committed to develop leaders in the various professional areas.
The university is located about 30 kilometers east of Kathmandu in a mountainous landscape in Dhulikhel municipality. The university have the pleasant climate round the year with panoramic Himalayan views.
In the undergraduate program, the university is offering the courses in various faculties such as; BE (Civil Engineering), BE (Computer Engineering), BE (Mechanical Engineering), BE in Electrical and Electronics Engineering (power and control), BE in electrical and Electronics Engineering (Communication), BE (Geomatics Engineering), BE in chemical Engineering, B Arch.
In Architecture (To be started soon).In the graduate program, the university is offering the courses in various faculties such as Master of engineering in Electrical Power Engineering, Master of Engineering in Communication Engineering, Master of Engineer in Mechanical Engineering, Master of planning and operation of Energy systems, Master of Engineering in Computer Engineering, Master in Land Administration, ME structural Engineering and MS by Research in any Department (Contact Department or school).
Kathmandu Engineering College
Kathmandu Engineering College is situated in Kalimati, Kathmandu. It is one of the leading private engineering colleges in Nepal affiliated with Tribhuvan University. Kathmandu Engineering College was established in 1998. It is the first ISO 9001:2000 certified college in Nepal.
Kathmandu Engineering College has been offerings engineering programs like civil, electrical, electronic and architecture. It has a friendly competitive learning environment and it helps students to achieve their national goals and aspiration.
Kathmandu college of engineering is an autonomous college from the perspectives of staff and teacher recruitment, as well as college development, and the college is managed by a team of excellent board members.
The college has been growing towards strength since its inception. The KEC compound expands over 30 ropanies among which it comprises of land leased and owned by the college—in Kalimati, Mulpani, Jay Bageshwori and Sukedhara, and boasts of all the facilities required to ensure a sound academic environment.
The college comprises of well-equipped library and labs, well organized administration and its departments, a multipurpose hall, an administrative block. In the Kathmandu engineering college, the Department Computer Engineeringhas been offering four-year Bachelor’s Degree Programs in Computer Engineering since 1999.
The department of civil engineering is working vigorously to conduct all academic activities as excellently as possible with more than 16 full time and more than 25-part time and visiting faculties such as senior lecturers, Assistant lecturers, Lecturers, professors as well as other professionals and experts.
The department of Architecture has been delivering the best academic records among all the architecture colleges of Nepal. The department is run by a variegated team of educators, scholars and professional architects who value excellence in teaching, research and knowledge dissemination.
The Bachelor’s Degree Program at the Kathmandu engineering college involves 54 courses including subjects like Basic Electronics, Electromagnetic Waves and Fields, Communication System, Mobile Communication, Power Systems, project works, field visits and so on.
The department of electrical engineering has been providing it’s quality education to cater the rising demand of engineers to work in the areas of Renewable energy technology, power system and industrial applicants. The department comprises well equipped laboratories, training and consultancy unit, Robotics club and academic project rooms to strength all the extra activities.
Please visit www.keckist.edu.np for more information regarding new admission, programs, and scholarship.
Kantipur Engineering College
With a motive to enhance the engineering education Nepal, Kantipur Engineering College shortly known as KEC is established in 1998 in Dhapakhel, Lalitpur. It is a private engineering college affiliated with Tribhuvan University.
It is offering BE programs in civil, computer and electronics. Similarly, it has the affiliation with the University of Belarus through which it has been offering BE program in Civil and Industrial. Since its establishment, it has been producing qualified and proficient engineers that have been helping in the nation building projects.
Kantipur college of engineering is the second oldest engineering college of Nepal. As the college was established with the BE program in Civil Engineering in a rented building at Sitapaila Chowk, Kathmandu.
But in 1999, in collaboration with the university of Belarus, the Kantipur college of engineering started the BE program in civil and industrial engineering under extra-mural faculty of the Polotsk State University, Belarus.
In 1999with a specific purpose of imparting the quality education, the college was shifted to its own complex at Dhapakhel, Lalitpur where thee location is best suited with peaceful and pollution free environment. From the years 2000 and 2002 A.D, the college started BE in Computer Engineering and BE in Electronics and Communication Engineering.
The college is providing the quality education for proficient engineers at a relatively tenable cost. BE in Electrical Engineering and Bachelor in Architecture are in pipeline.
In the present context, Kantipur Engineering College is one of the best engineering colleges of Nepal in terms of quality engineering education, peaceful and pollution free environment, own physical infrastructure, and international linkage.
Admission for Bachelor’s Programs in engineering normally opens in the month of August. IOE conducts computer based entrance test in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, English and Engineering Aptitude.
All questions are of objectives type and the time duration of the test is two hours in one seating.The student can apply for the admission after passing the entrance exam.
You can get the application forms online and they can be obtained from the admission office at KEC. Based on the merit list of the entrance test conducted by IOE, the Kantipur college of engineering select the students. For the International students, for a admission a special entrance committee select the student and they do not have to appear in the entrance exam.
Total Enrollment Capacity
|Electronics & Communication||96|
There are three departments in the Kantipur engineering college;
- Department of civil Engineering; Except for the first-year program, the Civil Engineering Department plans, organizes, and controls thecivil engineering classes. The department plans and manages the industrial and educational tours for the students as per the tour policy. The department also recommends students to different educational/professional seminars and exhibition as participants of the college. The student’s intake capacity in this faculty is 88.
- Department of Computer and Electronics Engineering; The Department of Computer and Electronics Engineering runs two programs: B.E. in Computer Engineering and B.E. in Electronics and Communications Engineering. The student’s intake by this college in the faculty of computer is 132 and in the faculty of Electronics and communication engineering is 88.
- Engineering Science and Humanities; Department of Engineering Science & Humanities gives attention to the academic and administrative activities of first year students in all engineering program of the college. The student’s intake by this college in this.
Advanced College of Engineering and Management
Advanced college of engineering and management is a private engineering college established in 2000 under the affiliation of Tribhuvan University. Since there was a lack of engineering colleges in Nepal, it has been established with a vision to create a world-class academic institution.
Engineering programs like Civil, electrical, electronic and communication and computer. Its graduates have been doing very good jobs in the national and international organization. It has been the choice of most of the students in the present scenario. Along with an academic level, it has been providing excellent practical knowledge.
Since 2000 A.D., the college is offering thee academic program on civil and computer and since 2001 A.D., it has been providing courses in Electronics and Communication and since 2008 A.D., it is offering the courses of Electronics and communication. In undergratudeprogram, it is offering the courses in faculties such as;
Bachelor in Civil Engineering;
- The intake capacity of Advanced College of Engineering and Management in the faculty of civil engineering is 120.
- Bachelor in Computer Engineering (BCT); The intake capacity of Advanced college of Engineering and Management in the faculty of computer engineering is 106.
- Bachelor of Engineering in Electronics and Communication Engineering (BEX); The intake capacity of Engineering in Electronics and Communication Engineering is 80.
- Bachelor In Electrical Engineering (BEL); The intake capacity of electrical engineering is 40.
National Engineering College
National Engineering College is established in 2058 BS with a vision to become the leading engineering college in Nepal to produce excellent engineers who are capable of leading the nations to the development.
It has been providing quality education in engineering and technical courses. National Engineering College has been offering programs like Civil, electrical, electronic and computer to students under the rules and regulation of Institute of Engineering, IOE. It is located in Tachikhel, Lalitpur.
The college has been speeding rapidly in its progress both physically as well as academically. The college offers a unique experience of learning across the broad spectrum of academic and social experiences. The college follows the admission criteria and procedures prescribed by Institute of Engineering (IOE), Tribhuvan University. For admission in the college, students should have passed the entrance examination administered by IOE.
For more details, visit www.nce.edu.np.
The courses offered in this engineering college are
1) Civil engineering; The intake capacity of National College of Engineering in civil engineering is 96. Some of it’s specialized fields for civil engineers are Structural Engineering, Earthquake Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, Disaster Risk Management, Transportation Engineering, Airport n Engineering, Urban Planning, Environmental Engineering, Water Resource Engineering etc.
2) Computer engineering; The intake capacity of National college of engineering in computer engineering is 53. Some of its specialized fields for electrical engineering are database system, Computer networking, Gaming, Operating systems, Cloud computing, software Engineering, Mobile Applications, Artificial Intelligence & Computer Architecture and Organization.
3) Electrical Engineering; The student intake capacity of National college of Engineering in Electrical engineering is 48. Some of its specialized fields for electrical engineering are Power system engineering, Distributed Generation Engineering, Renewable Resource Engineering, Energy System Management, Flexible AC transmission System, Hydropower Engineering, Reliability System Engineering, Manufacturing and processing Engineering, Mechatronic Engineering and Railways Engineering.
4) Electronics and communication engineering; The student intake capacity of national College of engineering in Electronics and communication engineering is 53. Some of it’s specialized fields for the Electronics and communication engineering are Computer Networking, Signal Processing, Aviation Electronics, Embedded Systems, Digital System Design, Optical Communications, wireless communications and Radio-Television Systems.
Nepal Engineering College
Nepal Engineering College is one of the oldest private engineering colleges in Nepal established in the year 1994. This Nepal Engineering College is affiliated with Pokhara University. It is popularly known as NCE. It has been offerings engineering degrees in five areas like Architecture, civil, computer, electronic & communication, electronic & electrical.
Since its establishment, it has been providing quality education in the technical field that has helped in the nation building projects. It is situated in Changunarayan, Bhaktapur. It also provides training and developing programs to help youth to enhance their inner ability.
Visit www.nce.edu.np for more details.
The foundation of the college was laid by the group of Academicians and Nepalese Professionals who realized the need of college serving the quality technical education in the area of engineering a technology.
In the later years, the pioneering example set by Nepal engineering college led to the commencement of many engineering colleges in Nepal in the private sector.
Nepal engineering college has been grown in to the renowned and big institution as it was initiated with the limited physical and in structural resources. The infrastructures of college were built in the land of 210ropanies at the lap of the cultural heritage site Changunarayan providing the ambience of nature and ideal learning environment.
Currently, the college is providing the courses in Bachelor level which are;
- Architecture Engineering;
- Civil Engineering; Nepal Engineering College has been offering the Bachelor Program in Civil Engineering since 1994.
- Civil and Rural Engineering; NEC has started the Bachelor program in Civil and rural engineering since 2008 which is and unique initiative in the country.
- Computer Engineering; NEC has been started the program in Bachelor in computer engineering at the beginning of the academic year 1999.
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering; NEC has started the program of Bachelor degree in Electrical and Electronics engineering in the year 2006.
- Electronics and Communication Engineering; NEC started the Bachelor program in Electronics and Communication Engineering at the beginning of the academic year 1999.
- E Civil (For Diploma Holders); The Bachelor program in B.E Civil was initiated in 2000 as the center of offering the bachelor courses for diploma engineering graduates within the structure of Nepal Engineering college and situated in the different city center of Kathmandu Valley. It is currently located in Mahalaxmisthan in Lalitpur.
The formation of nec Center for Postgraduate Studies (nec CPS), by the decision of the board of governance of nec in 2009 was a significant milestone and commitment of nec towards vertical growth of the educational agenda.
As stated earlier four postgraduate courses leading to M.Sc. (Master of Science) degree in Construction Management (CM), Natural Resources Management (iWRM), Interdisciplinary Water Resources Management (iWRM)and Transportation Engineering and Management (TEAM) are organized. All these courses are offered in affiliation with Pokhara University. Nec CPS is headed by the Director, who is responsible for overall.
National academy of science and technology
National Academy of Science and Technology shortly known as NAST is a private engineering college affiliated with Pokhara University. It is established in 2057 BS and committed to providing the quality technical education to the students.
Because it has highly qualified and successful professional that has been serving the institution to make it one of the top engineering colleges in Nepal. It is situated in Utterbehedi, Dhangadhi. It has been offering Bachelor of Computer and Bachelor of Civil Engineering.
Since it’s establishment as the first and only engineering college in Mid-western and Far western development regions, the college has started to offer the courses of Bachelor in computer engineering under the affiliation of Pokhara University.
Appreciating the need of the regions, another technical program was started which was Bachelor in Computer Application (BCA) in 2001 A.D, Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) in 2008 A.D. The college is offering the Bachelor level of engineering program in Civil Engineering with 96 seats and Computer Engineering with 48 seats.
Khwopa College is community-based college established in 1999 with an undertaking of Bhaktapur Municipality. It has an aim to open Khwopa University soon in Nepal. It is one of the cheapest engineering colleges in Nepal. Khwopa College has two engineering college.
The first one is Khwopa College of Engineering affiliated with Tribhuvan University and Khwopa Engineering College affiliated with Purbanchal University. Under TU, you can read Bachelor of Electrical and civil engineering while under PU, you can read, Civil, Electronics, Computer, and architecture engineering. The graduates from this college have been doing very good jobs in the government, national and international level.
In the undergraduate programs, the faculties are;
- Electrical Engineering; The intake capacity of Khwopa College of Engineering with TU affiliation is
- Civil Engineering; The intake capacity of Khwopa College of Engineering with TU affiliation is 96.
- Computer Engineering; Computer Engineering is the recently launched program in the college.
Students shouldpass the entrance exam conducted by IOE in order to get the admission in the college. A separate online application form should be filled by the students who have passed the entrance examination for the admission in the Khwopa college.
Acme Engineering College
Acme Engineering College was established in 2000 with an aim to provide quality education to the students of Nepal who want to pursue an engineering degree in Nepal. It has gained the national and international reputation for the academic excellence in teaching and research.
It has produced outstanding engineering graduates that have been working in the big development project of Nepal. The college offers Master degree in Engineering Management & information technology, Bachelor degree in architecture, civil, computer and Electronics & communication.
Acme Engineering college is the first engineering college affiliated to Purbanchal University as well college has been recognized as one of the best engineering college of Nepal. Acme Engineering college has gained the national and international reputation for offering the quality education with excellence in academic. In various faculties, the college has produced many scholars who are contributing excellent performance to the different field of engineering.
The departments of the college are;
- Computer Electronics and Communication; This course include 8 semesters of full time study.
- Architecture; Architectural education in AEC based on updated syllabus of Purbanchal University. The Curriculum maintains the Design Studio that is based learning in semester system.
- Civil Engineering;
In Postgraduate program, the college is offering the faculties such as; M.Sc. Information System Engineering, M.Sc. Engineering Management.
More Engeenering colleges in Nepal which are popular…
continue to read…
11. Thapathali Engineering College;
Thapathali campus is the one of the constituent engineering campus of Institute of Engineering affiliated under Tribhuvan University. The college is located in Thapathali, the heart o Kathmandu.
Since 1930 A.D, it is the first campus in Nepal for providing the engineering degrees and technology trainings. Initially, the college was commenced to conduct the diploma course in engineering with the help of German with the name of technical training institute. But from the year, 2029 BS. The campus was formally constituted under IOE.
In this present context, the college is renowned for diploma and bachelor level of engineering degrees. The two ways to join Thapathali Campus is, that students should complete +2 Science and Enroll for bachelor Level ofEngineering Course or they can join directly for Diploma Level Course after SLC.
Thapathali Campus Offersthe Wide range of faculties For Diploma like Electronics Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Architecture, Civil Engineering, And Automobile engineering.
Similarly, for the Bachelor Level of Engineering Courses, student can either Enroll for Industrial Engineering or Electronics Engineering. Diploma Level Courses run for 3 years which are +2 Equivalent Engineering Degrees which is honored as Sub-Engineer or Overseer.
Thapathali Campus provides the wide range of trainings and various technical skills. it also offers Hostel service for students of the remote areas. Under basis of Entrance Exam Taken By IOE, it also offers the huge range of scholarships.
The summarized form of the courses currently offering by ThapathaliCampus are;
- Bachelor in Civil Engineering; In 2066 B.S.,Thapathali campus introduced Bachelor in Civil Engineering under the Department of CivilEngineering. The number of intakes of student was 24 regulars and 72 full fees. This program aims to provide theories and practical knowledge of existing technologies and methodologies in different fields of civil engineering like structure, water resources, transportation, water supply and sanitation, geo-tech etc. around the globe.
- Bachelor in Architecture; Bachelor’s Degree in architecture is a ten-semester, five-year academic program which comprises of 62 core and elective courses. In the year, 2071 BS., Thapathali Campus introduced this program. B. Arch was introduced to produce skilled architects who are qualified for urban planning, interior design, landscape design and building design. They will work also as consultant architects for national and international organizations. The number of intakes was 12 regulars and 36 full fees.
- Bachelor in Electronics and Communication Engineering; In the year 2067 BS.Thapathali campus introduced Bachelor in Electronics and Communication Engineering under Department of Electronics and Computer Engineering as the third bachelor program in campus. The numbers of available seats are 12 regular seats and 36 full fee seats. This program aims to provide knowledge of modern electronics and communication systems and knowledge of existing technologies, processing and methodologies in various companies around the globe.The first batch in bachelor in electronics and communication engineering are on the way of graduation and will be graduating this year.
- Bachelor in Industrial Engineering; In the year, 2062 BS. Thapathali campus introduced Bachelor in Industrial Engineering in under the Department of Industrial Engineering as the first bachelor program in campus. The program was initiated in the college whichwas for the first time in Nepal as well.The numbers of available seats are 12 regular seats and 36 full fee seats.
- Bachelor in Mechanical Engineering; In 2068 BS. The diploma in mechanicalengineering was ungraded to Bachelor in Mechanical Engineering.
- Bachelor in Automobile Engineering;
In 2072 B.S., department of automobile and mechanical engineering started bachelor in automobile engineering as a new program in Nepal.
12. Western Regional Campus;
Western Regional Campus (WRC) or Paschimanchal Campus, under the institute of Engineering (IOE), affiliated to Tribhuvan University. The campus is situated in Pokhara, 200 Km west of Kathmandu, spreading on 312 ropanis in western development region of Nepal.
From the year 1987, the college became operational with the aid and assistance from the world bank and UNDP/ILO. Various technicians and trade courses ere offered along with the diploma (overseer) level courses in its initial days.
From the first batch of undergraduates of civil engineers stated in 1999/2000, the students have shown the incredible performance. The college is aa part of IOE-TU. As, IOE has placed itself as one of the top technical education institutes in Asia.
The departments of this campus are;
- Department of Civil and Geomatics Engineering; This department was established in 2044 B.S with Diploma in Civil Engineering and since 2056 BS Bachelor’s Degree Program in Civil Has Started and from 2069 BS Bachelor’s Degree Program in Geomatics has also been started.
The courses offered are;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering (4 years)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Geomatics Engineering (4 years)
- Department of Electronics and Computer Engineering; In 2053, This department was commenced with the motto of providing quality technical education in the field of electronics, communication and computer engineering whereas four years bachelor program was conducted in 2062 B.S. The youngest Bachelor program is Computer Engineering which was conducted in 2069 B.S.
The courses offered are;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electronics & and Communication Engineering (4 years)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering (4 years)
- Department of Electrical Engineering; This department provides the course in bachelor in electrical engineering for 4 years.
- Department of Auto MechanicalEngineering; This department was established in 2044 B.S. It has been generating quality overseers in the field of mechanical and automobile engineering. Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering has also started since 2069 B.S. (2012AD). The course offered is Bachelor degree in Mechanical engineering (4 years).
Annual intake capacity in different engineering program;
The courses offered in master degree are;
|Prgram||Pre requisite degree|
|Infrastructure Engineering and
|BE Civil or equivalent|
|M.Sc. in Communications & Knowledge Engineering
|B.E. in computer engineering/B.E. in electronics and|
|communication engineering/ B.E. in electrical and electronics|
|engineering/ or equivalent|
|Electrical Engineering in
Distributed Generations (New)
|BE Electrical or Equivalent|
13. Eastern region campus;
Purwachal Campus formerly known as Eastern Region Campus (ERC) is one of constituent campus of Tribhuvan University (TU) and it is one of the associate engineering campuses of Institute of Engineering (IOE) which is a comprehensive, non-profit making, autonomous institution and pioneering institution of higher education level in Nepal funded by the government of Nepal.
It is located at Gangalal Marg, Tinkune, Dharan-8, Sunsari district in the eastern region of Nepal. It occupies areas of 34-13-11.75 Bigahas which is equivalent to about 234,870.53 square meters. The campus was established in Paush, 2034 BS (1976) under the loan agreement with Asian Development Bank (ADB).
The technical assistance was provided by the government of United Kingdom (UK) in the agreement with the government of United Kingdom which was held in shrawn 2035 BS. ERC was formally organized under Institute of Engineering (IOE), Tribhuvan University (TU). In 2034 BS, all the construction works were completed.
In the loan and project agreements, the campus firstly started trade level courses in Mechanical, Electrical and Civil engineering streams. Since the year 2043 BS (1984), programs in Diploma in Mechanical, Electrical, Civil Engineering (3 years) was started and in 2052 BS, also the Refrigeration & Air-conditioning Engineering program was initiated, and also in 2059 BS, Computer and electronics engineering program was initiated.
In the attempt to further up gradation, IOE/ Purwanchal Campus introduced Bachelor level courses. In 2057 BS (2000), Bachelor of engineering in Agriculture was introduced which was the first and pioneer program in Nepal. From the year2061 BS (2004), Another BE program in Civil Engineering was commenced.
After successful running the programs in BE in Agricultural and Civil Engineering, another program in Electronics & communication Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and Computer Engineering in 2069 (BS) and Electrical Engineering in 2071 (BS) and new program BE in Architecture in 2072 (BS) were started.
Till now there are seven BE engineering programs running in the campus and all trade level courses. At present there are more than 1200 students are studying in different programs.There are 100 plus teaching faculty and 60 plus administrative and supportive staff at the campus.
The programs offered are as follows:
- Agriculture Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Annual intake capacity in different engineering program
The total intake in Bachelor level is 192 students per year.
14. Himalayan College of Engineering;
Himalayan college of engineering was established in June 2000 A.D which is affiliated to Tribhuvan University. The college id producing the qualified engineers for the development of the country.
The main aim of the college is to provide the quality education to produce the qualified and potent engineers. Since May 2007, the college has been associated with KMC educational Network and it is expanding its programs and gained strength since it’s association with the network.
The college id situated in Chyasal, which is the place that can be accessible from all the direction. The college is extended in an area of 19 and half ropani with seven stored building and other five lab buildings. All the academic and administrative programs have been maintained as per thestandard laid down by IOE.
Under the undergraduate programs, the faculties offered by this college are;
- Computer Engineering; The first program offered in this college is Bachelor degree in Computer Engineering. In this program, about 52 core and elective courses with lab works are taught. The main aim of starting this course is to produce skilled and qualified man power on the area of software development, hardware and software trouble shooting, network design and implementation and network security policies. The total intake capacity of this program is 66.
- Electronics and Communication Engineering; The Bachelor degree program in electronics and communication engineering was launched in year 2063 B.S. In this program, through the lecture, laboratory works and visit sites, total of 50 core and elective courses are taught. The total intake capacity of this program is 48.
- Bachelor in Architecture; Bachelor degree in Architecture is a ten semester, five-year academic program which was started in 2066. The program is initiated to produced the qualified and skilled architects in landscape design, building design, Interior design, urban planning. The total intake capacity of this program is 48.
- Bachelor in Civil Engineering; The bachelor degree program in Civil engineering was commenced in 2065 B.S. Through the laboratory exercises, lectures, field works and site visits, about 50 core and elective courses are taught. The total intake capacity of this program is 96.
The college has given equal priority to extra-curricular activities. Every year, inter college and intra college sport competitions are held. In 2065, in inter-engineering college competition held in Kathmandu, the robotics team of this college has got the first position. Also, the students of this college have also participated in the tech Fest organized by IIT Mumbai, India in the year 2011 and 2013. In Nepal, the students are actively participated in many robotics competitions.
15. Janakpur Engineering College;
Janakpur Engineering college was established in 2063B.S. in affiliation to Tribhuvan University. The college is promoted by expert professional bodies, committing to meet the national and international qualities in the field of engineering. The year 2070 has mark the journey of college 7 years long. During the last seven years, the college has developed many infrastructures and is recognized as the good engineering college of Nepal.
The courses offered by this college are;
- Bachelor in Engineering; The duration of this course is 4 years. The intake capacity of Janakpur Engineering College is 96.
- Bachelor in Electrical and Communication Engineering; The intake capacity of Janakpur engineering college in this faculty is 48.
- Bachelor in Computer Engineering; The intake capacity of the college in this faculty is 48.
16. Kathford international college of Engineering and Management;
The Kathford international college of engineering and management was established in 2003. It is located in the heart of the city of Kathmandu. It is one of the less TU affiliated college with the diverse programs of engineering and management. The college has been providing the quality education for producing highly competitive graduates and scholars. The college has 200+ graduates and 20+ faculty members. The engineering block of this college is situated in Ring Road, Balkumari Chowk, Lalitpur.
The courses provided by the college in the undergraduate level are;
- Bachelor in Computer Engineering; The intake capacity of Kathford International College of Engineering and Management in the computer science is 48.
- Bachelor in Civil Engineering; The intake capacity of the college in civil engineering is 80.
- Bachelor in Electronics; The intake capacity of the college in electronics is 48. The college has flourished ROBOKATH, a robotics development body, where our students are not only involved in research but have also created wonders in robotics in national level.
Library at Kathford college is fully equipped and well managed learning station for students and faculty member. Kathford has two spacious libraries with tens of thousands of books and learning resources. The college comprises of 6 computers centers with more than 150 computers that are open for learning, programming, practicing, workshops and competitions.
17. Sagarmatha Engineering College;
Sagarmatha Engineering College was established in 2010 under the affiliation of Tribhuvan University. The college has been one of the renowned and top most choices for future engineers within less decades of its establishment.
The courses offered by the college in the undergraduate program are
- Bachelor in Civil Engineering; The intake capacity of Sagarmatha engineering college in the faculty of civil engineering is 48.
- Bachelor in Computer Engineering;
- Bachelor in Electronics and Communication; The intake capacity of the college in electronics and communication is 48.
- Bachelor in Electrical Engineering; This course is proposed in the college.
18. Lalitpur Engineering College;
Lalitpur engineering college was established at Lalitpur metropolitan city ward no.11, Chakupat with the aim of providing the outstanding engineering education to the students.
The central location of college near to patandhoka-chakupat was established by the group of eminent professional, visionary Nepalese which is furnished with the peaceful environment, well renowned professional teachers, with adequate lab which is prescribed by Nepal Engineering council and institute of Engineering, Tribhuwan University, sufficient play grounds and other needy facilities.
The programs offered by the college under the undergraduate level are;
- Bachelor in Civil Engineering; The seats offered by the college in civil engineering is 48.
- Bachelor in Computer Engineering; The intake capacity of the college in computer engineering is 48.
- Architecture Engineering; The course is proposed.
Writer: Niraj Thapa Magar
List of Top 18 Engineering Colleges in Nepal