Ecosystem of Nepal: Based on Terai, Mountain n Hills Regions

Ecosystem of Nepal: Based on Terai, Mountain and Hills Regions

Ecosystem of Nepal is based on the ecosystem of mountain region of Nepal, ecosystem by ecosystem of terai region of Nepal and ecosystem of hilly region of Nepal. There are three types of ecosystem of Nepal. The names of types of ecosystem system of Nepal are ecosystem of terai region of Nepal, ecosystem of hilly region of Nepal and the ecosystem of mountain region of Nepal.

Nepal is situated between India and China. Nepal is a geographically diverse nation. Nepal is small country covering only 0.3 percent of the south Asia and o.03 percent of the world. It is a landlocked country with an area of 1,47,181 sq. km. Nepal is divided into five (5) development regions based on the topographic landforms from south to north and three (3) geographical zone from east to west. About 83 percent of the total area consists of mountains and hills region and the remaining 17 percent of the total land consists plain of the Terai.

ecosystem of nepal

This post is dedicated to ecosystem of Nepal, wetland ecosystem of Nepal, mountain ecosystem of Nepal, types of ecosystem of Nepal, ecosystem of mountain region of Nepal, ecosystem by geographical region of Nepal, ecosystem of terai region of Nepal, ecosystem of hilly region of Nepal and major ecosystems of Nepal.

In this small territory of land, the natural environment and its structure, vary according to the geographical belts. Due to the geographical variation, there is a variation in the physical and biological aspects such as land topography, climate conditions, biodiversity etc. Though the average width is only 193 km, the altitude of land varies from 70 m to the highest summit of the world, Mt. Everest. Nepal has unique mountain ecosystem consisting of both high mountains and peak and deep valleys. Due to the variation in the altitude and topography, temperature, rainfall, plants, animals etc. vary from place to place. Eight out of the world’s ten highest peaks are found in Nepal.

The physical, biological, social and economic aspects are the major aspects of ecosystem. In general, a system which is formed by the interaction of biological aspects with the physical aspects of an area is called an ecosystem. Different types of development activities and use of modern technology, machines, chemical fertilizers and pesticides directly or indirectly affect the normal functioning of the ecosystem. Thus, it is important to take necessary measures for conservation and promotion of the ecosystem.

All the living beings including human beings totally depend on the environmental resource and their activities are controlled by the physical aspects of their ecosystem. For an instance, animals like elephants and rhinoceros of the Terai region can’t survive in the mountain region and animal like snow leopard and yak can’t adopt in the Terai region. Similarly, the flora of the Terai region like Sal, Sisso, Chanp, etc don’t grow in the mountain region whereas the flora of the mountain region like rhododendron, Sallo, Dhupi etc can’t flourish in the Terai region. The living of human beings is also affected by the ecological factors. For example, the people of the Terai region can’t comfortably live in the mountain region for a long time and vice-versa.

Advertisement

Having different physiographic situation, biodiversity, ecological character and complex demographic mix and their socio-economic conditions in Nepal are representing the ecosystem of Nepal.

Ecosystem of Nepal is divided into physical, biological and socio-economic aspects. All we knew that Nepal is geographically divided into the mountain, hilly and Terai regions.

Ecosystem of Nepal: Based on Terai, Mountain and Hills Regions

Upcoming search terms:

ecosystem of Nepal, wetland ecosystem of Nepal, mountain ecosystem of Nepal, types of ecosystem of Nepal, ecosystem of mountain region of Nepal, ecosystem by geographical region of Nepal, ecosystem of terai region of Nepal, ecosystem of hilly region of Nepal, major ecosystems of Nepal

photos.imnepal.com

Advertisement
Advertisement
0Shares
Jitendra Sahayogee

I am Jitendra Sahayogee, a writer of 12 Nepali literature books, film director of Maithili film & Nepali short movies, photographer, founder of the media house, designer of some websites and writer & editor of some blogs, has expert knowledge & experiences of Nepalese society, culture, tourist places, travels, business, literature, movies, festivals, celebrations.

1 thought on “Ecosystem of Nepal: Based on Terai, Mountain n Hills Regions

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *