The National Identification Card for Overseas Pakistanis (NICOP) is a centralised identity card for Pakistanis living abroad. NICOP holders will be able to take advantage of several advantages available to Pakistani nationals living overseas. Here’s everything you need to know about the NICOP Renewal documents.
Who can apply for NICOP?
- Only Pakistanis living in other countries will be able to apply for NICOP. Any Pakistani who meets any of the following qualifications would be deemed an overseas Pakistani: – Possessing a valid foreign visa (on a Pakistani passport) with a validity of at least 6 months.
- Possessing a dual nationality passport from one of the following countries: the United Kingdom, France, Italy, Belgium, Iceland, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Finland, Egypt, Jordan, Syria, Switzerland, the Netherlands, the United States of America, Sweden, Ireland, Bahrain, Denmark, and Germany. (a subset of only children born to Pakistani parents and raised in Germany)
- Possessing a valid Indefinite Stay Card/Residence Permit/Green Card/Sojourn/Resident Card or a similar document issued by the nation of residence.
The renewal process for NICOP is similar to the application process for a new one. By accessing the NADRA Card Center online, you can submit a request to renew your NICOP. You’ll be relieved to know that you no longer have to stand and wait for it because we are here to fix your problem.
For example, if you notice at 2 p.m. that your NADRA Card UK is no longer valid and your flight is at 8 p.m., you can simply apply for a renewal NADRA Card on our website and you will receive a submission letter from us within 2 to 3 hours. You will be given a refund if you provide it with your expired NADRA card.
It is required to submit information from the original NADRA Card Renewal UK. To renew your NICOP, you must upload your photograph and fingerprints, as well as supply the data of an attester/verifier.
If you are applying from a single national country other than a government-recognized dual country, you must produce a Pakistani passport or, if one is not available, an Undertaking (known as NICOP without a passport) duly filled out and attested by two witnesses.
- A copy of a valid Pakistani or foreign passport (front page)
- newest passport size image
- Nikah Nama/ Marriage certificate solely for married applicants and, where appropriate, divorced/ death certificate of a spouse to change marital status to divorced/widowed NADRA Card Copy of parents or siblings (if required )
- Currently Existing NADRA Card Front/Back Image