About Cricket in Nepal – Facts, Information, Game, Team, Stadium, Ground etc
About cricket in Nepal: – Cricket is the second maximum popular game in Nepal after soccer. It’s far played by most of the peoples, specifically inside the Terai vicinity due to its near proximity to India. The biggest cricketing achievement of the countrywide cricket team became when the crew reached the qualification match of 2014 ICC World T20 held in Bangladesh. Nepal’s playing season runs from September to November and begins again in March before finishing in May additionally. The countrywide Cricket Academy, NCA, turned into formally opened in January 2013 with the aid of the Cricket affiliation of Nepal to guide emerging gamers and to offer continuing education facilities to the men’s countrywide crew, underneath-19 crew and the girl’s national crew. As of December 2012, there had been 429 senior cricket golf equipment and 227 junior cricket golf equipment in Nepal.
In Nineteen Twenties Cricket become delivered to Nepal for the first time with the aid of Lt.-Gen.Madan Shumsher JBR youngest son of Rana high Minister Maharaja Chandra Shumsher Jang Bahadur Rana. However, at the time cricket become considered a “gentleman’s game” so was confined to the ruling Rana family members and some elites of Nepal. Although the sport becomes kept within themselves and different contributors of the elite, the Cricket affiliation of Nepal was formed in 1946 to sell cricket among the nobility.
After the advent of democracy thru the Revolution of 1951, cricket began to unfold to the rest of the population. In 1961, with the intention to sell cricket to the entire of Nepal, the Cricket affiliation of Nepal became a part of the national sports Council. Nonetheless, the countrywide video games tended to be constrained to Kathmandu until the Eighties.
ICC and ACC club
Improvements to the communication and transport infrastructure in Nepal allowed the sport to enlarge out of doors Kathmandu within the 1980s, and Nepal has become an Associate Member of the ICC in 1988. A major improvement program started out in the early Nineteen Nineties, with local and district tournaments mounted and cricket being promoted in the faculties. Nepal has become an Associate Member of the ACC in 1990 and has become a full member in 1994.
Interest in cricket in Nepal extended quickly within the 1990s, and demand to play become such that the number of teams in tournaments had to be restricted to more facilities will be constructed. Nepal became a companion Member of the ICC in 1996, which changed into the year the countrywide facet played for the primary time, inside the ACC Trophy in Kuala Lumpur. Nepal completed fourth out of six teams in their first spherical institution on this competition, beating Brunei and Japan.
The Cricket Association of Nepal is the reputable governing frame of the sport of cricket in Nepal. It was formed in 1946. Cricket affiliation of Nepal (CAN) is the reputable governing body of the sport of cricket in Nepal. Its cutting-edge headquarters is in Kathmandu, Nepal. Cricket affiliation of Nepal is Nepal’s consultant at the (ICC) stands for International Cricket Council also is a partner member as well as has been a member of that body for the reason that 1988. Nepal is also a member of the (ACC) known as Asian Cricket Council.
The board changed into dissolved through the authorities of Nepal in November 2014 at the grounds of lack of skill and committee of three members ad hoc changed into mounted with a new president specific via the government itself. In April 2016, Cricket Association of Nepal was suspended for an indefinite period by the International Cricket Council, on the grounds of government intervention in its work. The suspension of Nepal by International Cricket Council will no longer have an effect on the ability of Nepal’s national cricket teams to participate in tournaments organized by ICC.
In September 2016, started out evaluating the proposal of reinstating the idea of Nepal National Cricket Board, due to an assembly among prime minister Pushpa Kamal Dahal and International Cricket Council’s leader executive David Richardson.
1947 popular Madan instituted the ‘Vishnu Trophy’ for league tournaments.
- 1952 Madan Memorial shield instituted.
- 1966 Maharaj Kumar Jugal Kishore Trophy instituted.
- 1965 Ram Muni Trophy instituted
- 1980 Jai Trophy instituted by way of the countrywide sports activities Council.
- 2000 District & regional stage beneath-17 v initiated.
- 2014 NPL, a franchise-based totally Twenty20, one day & Day occasion, turned into initiated.
There are sixty-five grounds in Nepal with 17 turf wickets. Worldwide matches can be played only on the Tribhuban university international Cricket floor. A new international standard floor is under creation in Mulpani, Kathmandu, and another is slated to be built in Pokhara with some help from the Asian Cricket Council.
The subsequent are the primary cricket stadiums in Nepal:
- Tribhuvan University global Cricket ground, Kritipur, Kathmandu – the ground has hosted pleasant matches, with a fifteen, 000 spectator-capabilities
- Pulchok Engineering Cricket floor, Pulchok, Lalitpur – hosted the ACC Trophy
- Biratnagar Cricket ground, Baijanathpur, Biratnagar (under production)
- Sainik Aawasiya Maha Vidyalaya ground, Sallaghari, Bhaktapur
- Rangashala Cricket ground, Pokhara, Kaski
- Fapla Cricket ground, Dhangadi, Kailali
- District sports activities development Committee ground, Mahendranagar, Kanchanpur
- Mulpani Cricket Stadium, Mulpani, Kathmandu (construction is still going on)
Men’s national team
The Nepal countrywide Cricket crew represents Nepal in worldwide cricket suits.
They have been participating in worldwide fits when you consider that 2013. Such as each ACC Trophy match, the 2001 ICC Trophy, and two ICC Intercontinental Cups.
Nepal additionally has an under-19 cricket group.
Women’s countrywide crew
The Nepal country wide women’s Cricket team represents Nepal in global women’s cricket matches. They made their international debut inside the ACC ladies’ event in Malaysia in July 2007.
Home cricket is divided into 9 regions (Kathmandu, Janakpur, Birgunj, Baitadi, Biratnagar, Bhairahawa, Nepalgunj, Pokhara and Mahendranagar along with the APF and the Nepal military). The guy’s and women’s teams from these areas compete in the future and Twenty20 matches in numerous age companies.
Further, from 2014 onwards a franchise primarily based occasion comprising Twenty20, one day and two Day tournaments changed into initiated.
Interesting facts about Nepali cricket
The Nepal team is one of the fastest emerging associated nations in the cricket world. Many of their players have made a name for themselves in the world of cricket, including Sandeep Lamichhane, Gyanendra Malla, Shakti Gauchan and Captain Paras Khadka. Nepal is a small cricket nation with a short but rich history. Nepal has been at the top of the ACC rankings for years.
We can see a largely consistent performance at all levels of the competition. To win in the U-19 World Cup against Pakistan, New Zealand, and South Africa, proves she is one of the few exciting emerging countries. It is a faultless cricket and the boundless desire for success has given Nepalese cricket a bright future.
Cricket is one of the most popular games in Nepal. And with the enthusiasm and fervor displayed by young enthusiasts, the game seems to have brighter horizons. The performance of the Rhinos that is the national team of Nepal, has created hope for the future.
They have led to Nepal establishing itself as a big name in international cricket. The two legendary players Sri Lanka, Roy Dias and Pubudu Dassanayake, were the architect of the Nepali cricket team. As a Rhino fan, I would like to thank all these trainers and officials for their tireless contribution to Nepali Cricket.
Let us now share some of the fascinating and amazing facts about Nepali Cricket on an international level.
The international cricket field of Tribhuvan University, Kirtipur, Kathmandu, is the most famous place in Nepal and was the site of First Class games. Pulchok Engineering Cricket Ground received the ACC Trophy in Pulchok and Lalitpur.
1. The international cricket field of Tribhuvan University, Kirtipur, Kathmandu, is the most famous place in Nepal and was the site of First Class games. Pulchok Engineering Cricket Ground received the ACC Trophy in Pulchok and Lalitpur.
2. The cricket was introduced in Nepal in 1920 by Madan Shamsher, son of the Prime Minister of Rana, Chandra Shamsher. The game was initially played exclusively by elites. Tundikhel was the main area for more than five decades. At the time when cricket was considered a gentleman’s sport, participation was limited to the Rana family and other members of the Nepalese elite. In 1946, the Cricket Association of Nepal was founded to promote cricket among the aristocracy.
3. After the introduction of democracy by the 1951 revolution, Cricket spread to the rest of the population. To promote cricket throughout Nepal, the Cricket Association of Nepal became part of the National Sports Council in 1961. However, national games were limited to Kathmandu until the 1980s.
4. Improvements in communications and transportation infrastructure in Nepal allowed the game to expand outside of Kathmandu in the 1980s, and Nepal became a member of the International Cricket Council in 1988. In the early 1990s, it was established an important development program, in which regional and district tournaments were held; and an increase in the promotion of cricket in schools. The interest of the local population in cricket increased rapidly and the demand for games was so great that the amount of equipment in several tournaments had to be limited until new facilities could be built in the mid-nineties.
5. The Cricket Association of Nepal (CAN), founded in 1946, is the oldest sports club in the country. Unfortunately, he is currently being suspended by the International Cricket Council (more on this later).
6. The Vishnu Trophy, the Madan Shamsher Memorial Trophy, the J Trophy, etc. they were the first trophies in Nepal.
7. Nepal became an Associate Member of the ICC in 1988 and an Associate Member in 1996. The national cricket team is the team representing Nepal and is governed by the Cricket Association of Nepal (CAN). They have been associate members of the International Cricket Council (ICC) since 1996, the year in which the national team played for the first time in the 1996 ACC Trophy in Kuala Lumpur. Nepal finished fourth in six teams in the preliminary round group, defeating Brunei and Japan.
8. Nepal first played first-class cricket in 2004 and played against the United Arab Emirates and Malaysia in the ICC Intercontinental Cup. They beat Malaysia, but moved with the United Arab Emirates and could not get to the semifinals. Nepal finished the ACC Fast Track countries tournament in 2004, which qualified for the ICC Intercontinental Cup 2005, in third place and fifth place in the 2004 ACC Trophy, qualifying it for the 2005 ICC Trophy Repêchage Trophy. They finished third in the tournament after defeating Qatar in a play-off match, meaning they did not qualify for the ICC Trophy 2005. Shakti Gauchan scored a century against Italy and remained unbeaten in 106 of 103 balls in the tournament. They defeated the United Arab Emirates and tied with Hong Kong in the ICC Intercontinental Cup 2005. However, the qualification for the semifinal was lost by half a point. In the 2005 Fast Track country tournament, they were runners-up in the United Arab Emirates.
9. The cricket field of the University of Tribhuvan (TU) is the most important cricket field in Nepal.
10. The first international match against Nepal took place on September 6, 1996, in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.