All about applying and checking driving license form in DoTm gov np in Nepal: – Owning a vehicle is never again an extravagance or a fantasy that the normal man can’t satisfy. It has turned into a quintessential piece of the cutting edge city inhabitants’ life.
In any case, simply owning a vehicle isn’t sufficient. You should have a driving licence to take it around. The Motor Vehicles Act of 1988 states – no person without a driving licence is approved to drive an engine vehicle in an open spot.
It is critical that each driver out and about is a genius with regards to driving. In addition to the fact that this ensures security, yet additionally enables individuals to maintain a strategic distance from street mishaps and keep from making chaotic traffic conditions. Or on the other hand, at any rate, we trust it does.
This article will reveal to all of you that you have to realize driving licence and how to apply and check for one in Nepal.
Table of Contents
Dotm gov np
The www.dotm.gov.np is the official site of the department of transport management of Nepal. This department is one of the important division of the Ministry of physical infrastructure and transport managed by the Joint Secretaries, Under Secretaries, Engineers, Section Officers, and other supporting staffs.
Usually at least one traffic service office is established in each zone of Nepal for the convenience of the citizens of Nepal. Any eligible citizen of Nepal can take the license from the traffic management office.
Not only applying for a license and getting the permission for driving vehicles on the roads of Nepal but the department is concerned with various tasks like registration, selling, naming of vehicles that have been purchased by oneself.
Details of the driver’s license and the documentation of the driver and driver’s permission details branch have been arranged for the documentation of vehicle transactions.
This department of the government, which is the main part of the government to earn raises the tax according to the defined criteria. Not only raising the tax but also recording is the main objective of this department.
This office under the government of Nepal include all the functions related to the driver’s permission details and the license distribution and the vehicle’s registration. All the required information such as What do the drivers do for the driver’s permission and registration of the vehicle?
What is the process? What are the required documents and certificates? How much is the duty? Who is the responsible officer? Such things are mentioned in the civil order of related offices.
No one should run the vehicle without the driver’s permission. The driver or the owner of any vehicle should take the driver’s permission from the authorized officer. Driver Permission is issued for five years, but for the first time, this is released on a test period for one year. The renewal written in the application should be renewed within the three months of the expiry.
To work for traffic management, the Department of Traffic has been established in 2041. The main objective of the department is to provide safe, reliable and accessible traffic services for managing traffic and goods under the guidance of the Traffic Management Act, 2049 and Ride, and Traffic Regulations, 2054.
Dotm.gov.np – Official website of the department of transportation management, Nepal
www.dotm.gov.np is the official formal website developed for the department of transportation management that is affiliated to the ministry of physical infrastructure development and transport. When every aspect has been made high tech with the use of technology, this governmental agency cannot be laid behind.
This official website has been developed for the convenience of both the public and staff of the department. General people can get the necessary information regarding their license, permit, and registration of their vehicles.
The department management can simply publish the notices, announcement and any news that the public should know. Even the results of the written tests for the drivers’ license test are published on this website. Nepal dlreg homepage or http://onlineedlreg.dotm.gov.np is the
for online driving license form. There is service available for Driving license number check.
So, my friends, you can go for online driving license registration. This website is also giving service of driving licence check. You can get the service about check driving licence number on this site. But you can not check by name. This service driver license check by name is not available. But you can check by license number. This service driver license check by license number is not available.
The features of this website Dotm.Gov.Np are:
The website has been formed to give the complete information regarding the rules, policies, description of the department. Other than that the website includes:
1. Director information: This feature includes complete information regarding the director of the department. The present director is Mr. Kumar Prasad Dahal.
2. Highlights and news: This feature includes the breaking news regarding transportation, road construction or waterways.
3. Contact Information: This feature has complete contact information about the department of transport management, its address, email, and phone number.
4. Organization introduction: This feature of the website includes the complete information regarding the organization. It’s history, its objectives, aim, functions. It also provides information regarding services that it provides, the name of the service provider, the branch name providing the service, the name of the final decision maker, documents that are required for the particular service to be done.
Likewise, it also specifies the time needed to accomplish a particular service, the price required for the service. The organizational chart of the department is also shown with its branch and unit, staff profiles their position, address and responsibility they need to follow.
5. Branch and units of the department: The Department of Traffic has recently been deferred branches according to the existing organizational structure which are Administration, Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation, vehicle Monitoring, Criteria Planning, and Drivers Management, Inter-State Coordinate, Study / Research Branch.
Information Term Branch, vehicle test, Inter-traffic management, Waterway transport and Ride Criteria Determination. Public transport, road security, and traffic reinforcement branch.
6. Department under the management of transportation management: This department is the traffic management office for the drivers’ license permit of Bagmati region which was established in the year 2073 B.S. located in thulo bharyang of Kathmandu.
7. Useful Resources: The feature gives you all the required information regarding the act, rules, and directory concerning the transportation the procedure and code of conduct to follow, the tax you have to pay for riding your vehicles, circular and directive.
8. Publications of the department: This feature of the website shows the facts old and new concerning the work and functions of the department and the report of the department annual, weekly, monthly.
9. Freight of public transportation: This feature shows the specified and determined rates that any public transport should charge the public which is based on the route, distance to be covered, etc.
10. Miscellaneous Information: This feature includes the forms, old notices and new notices, and other information.
11. Photo Gallery: This feature shows the photo gallery of the department of various programme and development projects they have organized.
12. Complain box, Advice, and inquiry: This feature allows people to register any complaint they have regarding the department, its staff or any other functions. Or, it also allows you to give advice to the department concerning its work and responsibility. Through this feature, you can also make an inquiry regarding certain responsibility.
Merits of the website Dotm Gov Np
The website has been established with the main aim of providing reliable services to the general public. And it has been doing its job. As mentioned earlier, the website has provided all the information regarding the responsibility and criteria of the department.
But it also provides the online application form for online drivers license registration, checking the application and license status, checking written exam result from mobile, checking whether the smart card has been printed or not via mobile.
It also helps in applying for the embossed number plate, methods to obtain, filling the form for online pre-enrollment. It also assists in inquiring about tax payment and it also displays the frequently asked questions.
So the task has not only been easy for the public but it also has helped in taking the workload off from the staffs.
It also provides the headlines and breaking news that the department has taken concerning transportation management.
One of the other features of the website is that it can be viewed in both English and Nepali language so any foreign citizens can also view the site and its content. And understand the traffic rules and regulation of Nepal.
The Department of Transport Management has recently used online processes for the creation of driving licenses. There was a feature for registering for driving licenses online. Now, with the assistance of Aakash SMS, the Department of Transport Management is now providing results for Written tests as well as License Print Status via SMS.
In short, the website is the reflection of the department of transportation. Management of Nepal. It shows the employees working in the department, the functions that the department have to carry out and the job that it has done to date. And the projects that it’s going to do in the future for the development of transportation and ways.
Demerits of the website Dotm Gov Np
Yes, there have been many merits that the website has. But it also has demerits. While opening this website, you can see that there are many features on the website that are displayed but while clicked on to her the information. It shows the page under construction.
It’s a very important website which is concerned with that of the governmental agency. So, it contents still to be updated and some still are under construction which is not to be taken lightly.
Though the website represents the department itself and its functions it also reflects the efficiency of those who are concerned in the technical aspect. Those who need to keep the information on the website up to date are not doing their function properly. They need to update the contents, new information and build the page as soon as possible which are still under construction.
What Is a Driving License?
A driving licence is an official archive issued by the Government of Nepal allowing people to work or drive vehicles, motorbikes, trucks, transports, and so on., on open streets. The work of issuing is done by the Regional Transport Authority (RTA) or Regional Transport Office (RTO) of each state.
You should initially hold a substantial driving licence in Nepal before you take your vehicle, bicycle, or bike on around. In the event that you are figuring out how to drive, at that point, you should initially apply for a students’ licence.
It will go about as a temporary licence. When you figure out how to drive, you should step through an examination before you get your driving licence.
On account of the web, you would now be able to apply for a driving licence online from the solace of your homes. You, be that as it may, need to visit the RTO to step through the examination.
Diverse Types Of Driving License in Nepal
There are distinctive kinds of driving licenses accessible.
The initial step to acquiring a Driving License in Nepal is getting a student’s license. It goes about as a temporary license. You should have a decent feeling of street standards to get a students’ license. In Nepal, students’ licence is issued after a hopeful breeze through a composed or online test on street rules.
You will be licenced to work on driving on open streets after you get a students’ licence however you should be joined by an individual who holds a lasting driving licence.
You should get students’ licence for the correct class of vehicle before you can get a driving licence.
You are qualified to get a perpetual driver’s licence following 30 days of getting the student’s licence.
Universal Driving License
In the event that you are voyaging abroad and I need to drive there, you need to apply for a global driver’s license in Nepal. The global driver’s license is an official travel archive that is approved by the United Nations. It is issued to voyagers going to outside nations.
Copy Driving License
Each driver in Nepal needs a driving licence. You are not licenced to drive in the nation without this record. On the off chance that you lose your driving licence, you should apply for a copy at the most punctual. Increasingly about how to apply for a copy driving licence later in the article.
Light Motor Vehicle License
This licence enables you to drive light engine vehicles, for example, automobiles, jeeps, taxis, conveyance vans.
Overwhelming Motor Vehicle License
This licence is given to individuals who drive vehicles like transports, trucks, cranes and so on.
Driving License Based On Vehicle Type by DoTm gov np
- Bikes with a motor limit of 50 ccs or under 50 cc
- Bikes with apparatus, bikes with a limit of 50 ccs or progressively, light engine vehicles (LMVs) including autos
- All Motorcycles types incorporating cruiser with apparatus
- Bikes of any cc however without any riggings – including bikes and mopeds
- Light engine vehicle for non-transport purposes
- Light engine vehicle planned for business purposes
- Overwhelming traveller engine vehicle (likewise alluded to as All Nepal driving grant for trucks and autos or open licence)
- Overwhelming products engine vehicle
- Applicants holding a substantial vehicle driving licence can apply for overwhelming trailer licence.
Getting a driving licence by dotm gov np, Nepal:
Most young people begin to dream about the day they can drive when they turn thirteen. Sixteen appears to be so a lot nearer once you’re really an adolescent!
Getting the enchantment opportunity card is a feasible dream for most and an energizing and dreadful time in the lives of guardians all over the place. The pressure and budgetary commitment of the exercises, the additional vehicle, and the protection are amazingly high, also the feeling the whole family experiences as one by one, the kids become mature enough to figure out how to drive and pick up the capacity to take themselves puts that their folks once needed to taxi them to.
Getting a driver’s licence is a soul-changing the experience for a youthful grown-up and is an energizing time, however, this superbly alarming knowledge influences the entire family sincerely and monetarily.
The entire family is sincerely engaged with an adolescent getting his/her driver’s licence. Guardians dread for their very own lives when showing their youngsters how to drive. They are in dread that their youngster will wreck and damage themselves or another person.
Guardians see their lives streak before their eyes as approaching traffic flies by, not understanding there is an unpractised driver in the driver’s seat. Much all the more frightening is the occasions when adolescents get in the driver’s seat without the guardians.
With nobody there to reveal to them what to look for, what to do, when to stop, and so on, by what method will they ever oversee? Guardians pace the floor grasping the telephone, holding up from that call from the police. Kin is additionally influenced candidly by youngster driving.
Some are envious of the new opportunities that their kin presently have and can hardly wait to have their very own as well. Others are startled as their recently authorized sibling or sister transports them to the spots their once excessively mindful guardians used to take them.
The new driver likewise encounters dread, satisfaction, and fear in the driver’s seat as all the new encounters of being a mindful driver are found out. Not very many things are as costly as transportation, and when another high schooler driver gets his/her licence, the family needs to make some money related penances.
There are costs engaged with the preparation of the driver, as a matter of first importance. The grant, grant test, driving exercises, and tests and licence itself all cost cash.
At the point when the licence is really procured, the driver must be guaranteed in many states, in this manner compelling guardians to add their kids to their current protection approaches or to purchase separate protection for the new driver.
Some of the time guardians can’t manage the cost of this expense and make the new driver get a new line of work to help spread the expenses. Some fortunate drivers get autos from their folks, which is a colossal cost.
Once more, if there are instalments on the vehicle, the family will either need to make some monetary penances to spending plan the vehicle in or request that the teenager contributes by finding a new line of work.
A typical transitional experience is getting a driver’s licence. In numerous greater urban areas, a few people don’t much try getting one because of the accessibility of open transportation and the mind-boggling expenses required with driving.
Notwithstanding, numerous families enable their young people to drive, and this spots enthusiastic and money related weights on them that keep going for a long time.
Nepal is a creating nation. The new development of new advancements on the planet made the nation to creep towards the online framework for the open administrations. The online administrations make the work quicker, productive and smarter.
As of late, the legislature has begun internet driving licence enrolment with the official name electronic driving licence and vehicle enlistment framework. In the fundamental urban areas, it has additionally dispersed the smart card in substitution of licence.
ONLINE APPLICATION FORM FOR DRIVING LICENSE by Dotm gov np, Nepal
The division of transport the board has propelled the web-based driving licence enlistment from December 25, 2016. In the event that you need to fill the application structure for a driving licence, you can peruse to the connection of the respective website.
On the off chance that you need to get the driving licence you the present the application structure on the web and check the composed test dates as well. Download the structure fill it and submit on the web.
If you are looking for a driving license registration form in Nepal, you are in the right place. Here is the guide to applying for the online registration form for a driving license in Nepal.
Your days to queue up to receive the license form early in the morning are temporarily over. It was like winning war for registering your application for driving license. You had to wait for whole day in order to apply and even then you can’t be sure of submitting them.
But now those days are over. In order to facilitate travel to Nepal traveling abroad, as well as for foreigners visiting the country, the government plans to issue an international driver’s license. The Department of Transportation Management (DoTM) has begun issuing the International Driving License (IDP) by amending the Federal Transport Act.
The department has planned to issue the international driving license, as many Nepali are living outside the country have long been applying for such a document, and the issue has also been raised by a committee of the Parliament.
According to the Ministry of Foreign Employment, more than five million Nepali live outside the country, but probably only 10 percent of them have obtained a driver’s license from the country in which they reside.
“DoTM has planned to issue the international driver’s license so that the Nepalese do not have to spend a lot of money to obtain a driving license abroad.” Driver’s license. The Government is adopting internationally recognized procedures for issuing such a license.
According to the original plan, the international driver’s license is valid for up to three months and will be useful for both short breaks and foreigners visiting Nepal.
DoTM is currently applying international practices for issuing such licenses. To date, it has been established that currently 165 countries have issued international driving licenses. Following the passage of the law, many Nepali are traveling abroad for work or study purposes, as well as foreigners visiting Nepal, will benefit directly. The international driver’s license.
DoTM had already started selling the intelligent driver license in December 2015. Unlike traditional driver licenses, these digital driver licenses contain electronic chips that resemble SIM cards and contain information about the identity of the driver. Anyone who has passed the written test to obtain a driver’s license and successfully completed the “test” can receive the chip cards.
The department also recently initiated an online application process for a driver’s license in Nepal. From now on you can fill in the driver’s license form online and send it to the official website of the Nepalese Ministry of Transport.
Registering online forms for the driver’s license is very easy as the form itself is self-explanatory. All you need to do is state your demographics, date of birth, address and some other personal information.
Department of Transport Management (DOTM) had also commenced online service for registration of vehicle and transfer as well as service to check your vehicle tax too.
It is expected that these types of online services from the Department of Transport Management (DOTM) will help to provide easy and reliable services to Nepalese citizens. Here is the complete procedure for driving license online form registration process in Nepal.
Step by step method of filling application form in dotm gov np
Manual of Online Driving License Registration below:
PART 1 Open a web browser in your device and enter the URL www.dotm.gov.np/en . आफ्नो उपकरण मा एक वेब ब्राउजर खोल्नुहोस् र याे URL प्रविष्ट गर्नुहोस्
2. Click on Online Driving license form. After that new tab would get open and there click on Online Driving License Registration. अनलाइन ड्राइभिङ इजाजतपत्र फारममा क्लिक गर्नुहोस्। त्यस पछि, नयाँ ट्याब खुला पाउनु हुनेछ र त्यहाँ अनलाइन ड्राइभिङ इजाजत पत्र दर्ता क्लिक गर्नुहोस्।
3. After that, select your citizenship belonging. And for the click on the drop-down menu for “Select Apply For” which has its subcategory of NEW LICENSE, ADD CATEGORY, DUPLICATE LICENSE, and LICENSE RENEWAL.
4. Select NEWLICENSE if you haven’t got driving license of any category under provision of Nepal Government. If you have already got one and want to add the category on that then select, ADDCATEGORY or else if you want to have duplicate license in case you lost your original license then click on DUPLICATE LICENSE and else if you want to renew your license in case it has been expired then click on LICENSE RENUAL.
5. Here in this article we are publishing about filling form for applying New license. Select NEWLICENSE.
6. A form will appear where you have to enter your detail. Enter your first name in Applicant first name, middle name in Applicant middle name and your surname on Applicant Last name.
7. Enter your date of birth in next section. Two date input are available there one in, BS and another in AD. You can enter them as per your convenience and another blank will be filled up using date converter algorithm. Your age will automatically appear across the age section.
8. Select your gender in next section, there are three option available, Male, Female and Other.
9. Entering your occupation and education level is not compulsory, you can enter them if you have enough time to spend.
10. Enter your Blood group. Select your blood group clicking on drop down menu.
11. Next section you need to fill up is Citizenship no. or Passport number if your are foreigner. Enter the unique number that represent your citizenship card.
12. Select the district from where you have issued your citizenship card.
13. Enter your near relatives name in the witness name section. Enter their first, middle and last name in their respective section. And mention your relationship with him/her in next WITNESS RELATIONSHIP section.
14. Next thing you have to enter in your detail address. There are two separate section for entering your address, one is for permanent address section and another is present address section. It is suggested to enter the address that is already present in your citizenship card in permanent address form list. You have to enter the zone of your region, where you can select from drop down menu. Similarly select your district, and next you have to enter your village name with your own.
15. Enter ward no of your permanent address and tole number as well in another section.
16. After that enter your mobile number which is mandatory to fill it.
17. If your present address is same as your permanent address then feel easy to click on ‘same as permanent’ option and the left most part of the form. Rest of the blanks would get automatically formed up.
18 Now in another section, select the category you want to register your driving license with. At one form you can fill up only one category.
19. Select the zone of the transport office from where you are applying with, and select the office you targeted in another section. For your easiness they are presented in drop down menu so that you can select without any worry of error.
20. You will be given a captcha menu for providing authentication that you are not a robot. You will be given a simple image of alphabet and numeric value and enter them on the blank below it.
21. After entering all these data, click on Submit button, and another page will get loaded where preview of your entered data is given and you can again recheck the accuracy of your entered data. And at the bottom there is a Confirm button. And clicking that you will be displayed with registered card with unique applicant id. Save that card in pdf version by clicking on print button. You have to print that card out in A4 paper size and bring that paper along with your original citizenship or password in biometric test.
On every working day, an average of 3,000 users apply for smart driving license.
After undergoing biometric registration, the Department of Transport Management (DoTM), the government agency issuing driver’s licenses, has introduced a new system to inform citizens about the results of their driver’s license tests and information about smart card printing.
Lawanya Kumar Dhakal, Director General of DoTM, and Arvind Sah, Managing Director of Sparrow SMS, recently signed an agreement when a ceremony took place at the DoTM headquarters in Minbhawan, Kathmandu, and co-launched the system.
The use of ICT will provide license seekers with very effective information about the test results and printing status of the licenses. To support this, the department uses the SMS service to display the driver’s license results for written tests and driver’s license status.
Previously, applicant had to visit the DoTM office to see the results and obtain information about the licensed printing status. Now, employees no longer need to visit the transportation department to check the status of the print status of the driver’s license and written test results.
This terminates long queues in transport offices to get only the basic information. People can receive the information by sending an SMS for only Rs 5 to 33001.
To check the result for the written test, users must enter “WT [application ID number]” and send it to 33001. To check the printing status of the smart driver’s license, users must also enter “LC [application ID number]” and send it to 33001.
Now, feel free to follow the step as descripted above. With this information you can fill the form for yourself or for your relatives or friend.
Restrictions of Online Driving License Registration System
There are a few confinements for internet driving license enlistment framework. Right now, the framework just backings or accessible for the bikes (Scooter, Motorbike, and Moped). The framework will be in no time accessible for four wheelers, bulldozers, and overwhelming vehicles outside of the Kathmandu valley as well.
Another impediment of the framework is that the online licence application framework just acknowledges 500 applications in a multi-day. Despite the fact that the framework is for the present on the off chance that you are in a rush and you structure more than of 500 candidates it shows the message online enlistment constraint surpassed for now!! Benevolently visit tomorrow for online enlistment.
For the vehicle now it is the impulse to pass the SLC test, it is the base capability next to this the composed test and vehicle trail test are different tests that you should go to verify the licence.
When you present the application, you will get the one of a kind reference number with the composed test dates for the license.
The online framework makes any issues proficient. The framework is likewise bothered free no compelling reason to remain in a long line to present the application.
The keen driving licence will likewise deal with the past records of the driving so it might be extremely valuable for the traffic directors to bring up the subtleties of the drivers.
The framework is additionally making a beeline to make the administration office paperless. In spite of the fact that the framework has confronted a few issues since December 18, 2015, as first, it was propelled; we should respect the framework for the improvement and deal with the licensing framework.
What To Do If Your Driving License Given by DoTm Gov Np is Lost?
You are not licenced to drive in the nation without a driving licence. On the off chance that you lose your driving licence, you should apply for a copy one.
Here’s the method:
- Go to the police headquarters that has purview over the region where you lost your driving licence.
- Hotel an objection and ensure that you get a duplicate of the First Information Report (FIR).
- Visit the Notary Office to get a sworn statement on a stepped paper. The sworn statement will go about as proof that your licence is lost. You should pay a little expensive for the legal office administration and the stepped paper.
- Go to the RTO. Ensure that you take 3 identification measured photographs, a duplicate of the FIR and the sworn statement with you.
- Go to the enquiry counter at the RTO and gather the application structure for a copy licence.
- Complete the application structure and submitit it at the driving licence branch alongside different archives.
- After this, you should experience the biometrics area. Here, your photograph will be clicked and thumbprint will be taken.
- Your copy driving licence will be conveyed inside the timeframe expressed by the Asst. RTO officer. You should pay a specific measure of expense for the new DL Book or the Smart Card.
- When you get your new driving licence, make an overlaid duplicate of it. In the event that you have a copy duplicate of your licence, it will be simple for the RTO to follow your subtleties utilizing your DL number.
For what reason Do You Need A Driving License In Nepal?
Other than being licenced to legitimately drive around, holding a driving licence can fill numerous different needs too.
Your driving licence functions as ID confirmation among different reports like travel papers, PAN cards and Voter ID Cards.
Gives You The Freedom To Commute At Your Own Terms
Driving by means of open transport probably won’t be some tea. On the off chance that you wish to buy a vehicle or motorbike to drive, you have to acquire a driving licence before you take it out on the streets.
On the off chance that you wish to drive, in Nepal or even abroad, you are required to hold a substantial driving licence to do as such.
Presently you thoroughly understand getting a driver licence in Nepal. Along these lines, apply for a Car Loan now and quit depending on open transport and taxi administrations to get around the city.
Starting of a digital system in Nepal
The administration of Nepal is gradually moving into the computerized structure. On the off chance that you had gone to any administrative workplaces as of late, you may have seen site tends to composed on notice sheets.
This is on the grounds that you can likewise utilize administrations online instead of disturbing yourself to visit there pointlessly. Likewise, there are numerous different segments where the legislature is venturing carefully.
Some of them are: utilizing MRP (Machine Readable Passport) rather than written by hand visa, utilizing advanced boards in favour of the streets for sharing traffic guidelines and guidelines, data on climate, etc.
Additionally, Sajha Bus has presented a keen card framework in one of their transports (which is in time for testing now). Like the previously mentioned, the administration is additionally bringing another type of shrewd card – a savvy driver’s licence card in Nepal.
Additionally, Sajha Bus has presented a keen card framework in one of their transports (which is in time for testing now). Like the previously mentioned, the administration is additionally bringing another type of shrewd card – a savvy driver’s licence card in Nepal.
The legislature is changing the written by hand licence card into the computerized shrewd card from Mangsir 15, 2072 which will be powerful at first just in Kathmandu. Following 2 weeks of preliminary, the framework will be utilized everywhere throughout the nation.
In spite of the fact that the legislature had arranged this framework to bring into task from Shrawan month, the arranged bombed because of the overwhelming quake that happened in Baisakh and deferred to Mangsir. The government really brought this framework by taking advance of 15 crore rupees from the Asian Development Bank.
What is a smart license card, Given by DoTm Gov Np, Nepal?
It is a similar licence card that we regularly use yet in advanced structure. That is, the card will have a chip like that utilized in our SIM card, and the entire card resembles an ATM card.
It additionally works like ATM card as well, where the chip stores all the data required. The data incorporates your entire subtleties, from your name to your location, the expiry date, the vehicle you are utilizing, its number, the data of your bluebook, and so forth.
Presently you don’t need to stress over conveying your bluebook and license and stress over them to get harmed in a downpour.
The main thing you have to make this card is to go to the Department of Transport Management and fill your data, and take pictures like including your name in voter’s rundown.
You can likewise utilize online administration to fill your data, yet you should be there for taking a picture and give computerized signature (your own mark which will be looked over laser).
How does the card work?
You will be furnished with the smart card, which you ought to convey all the time with you while driving. The traffic police and the vehicle the executive’s authorities will convey the shrewd card per user machine with them, and you can be approached whenever to give them your card in the event that they have any questions on you or in the event that you happen to be in any checking.
There will be no reason on the off chance that you have done anything incorrectly in light of the fact that all the data will be shown in the per-user machine when the card is embedded.
Smart driving licence in Nepal
This smart card framework is would have liked to control fakes and give a much smoother framework in licence taking care of. This will diminish your superfluous visit to transport the board office and sit tight for those gravitating lines.
The card will have 5 years of legitimacy so you can utilize a solitary card for a significant lot of time with no inconvenience.
P.S. Because of moving information into this new framework, the new programming will result in disturbance of the administrations in transportation the board office for seven days. Additionally, the advanced cards are in constrained amounts currently so snatch as fast as you can in the event that you need to utilize this new card.
How to check your licence status on the web?
Department of Transport Management (DoTM), the administrative body that issues driving licenses, has started another framework to advise the general population about the aftereffects of their driving license test and data on shrewd card print status through SMS.
Lavanya Kumar Dhakal, Director General of DoTM, and Arvind Sah, Managing Director of Sparrow SMS consented to an arrangement as of late in the midst of a service composed at DoTM head office in Minbhawan, Kathmandu and mutually propelled the framework.
Initiating the framework, Dhakal communicated certainty that utilization of ICT will be successful in illuminating license wannabes about the test outcomes and license print status.
DoTM had started dissemination of shrewd driving licence from December 2015. In contrast to regular driving licenses, these advanced driving licenses fuse electronic chips like SIM cards and contain data about the driver’s personality. Any individual passing the composed test for securing a driving licence and effectively finishing the ‘preliminary’ is qualified to get the shrewd cards.
The office has likewise as of late begun an online application process for driving licence in Nepal. To help this, the office is utilizing SMS administration for demonstrating driving licence results for composed tests and driving licence status. Prior to this, individuals needed to visit the DoTM office to see the outcome and get the data for the authorized print status.
Presently, individuals don’t have to visit the Transportation division to check the status in regards to their driving licence print status and composed test result. This will end long lines in transportation workplaces for getting only the basic data. Individuals can get the data by sending SMS to 33001 for just Rs 5.
To check the result for the composed test, clients need to type ‘WT [Application ID number]’ and Send it to 33001.
Correspondingly, to check keen driving licence print status, clients need to type ‘LC [Application ID Number]’ and Send it to 33001.
A normal of 3,000 clients apply for the smart driving license on each working day.
Status of transportation development in Nepal
Nepal, a country that is almost totally mountainous and has no access to the sea, has neither seaports nor highways. The railways amount to 59 km, a single line connected with India that involves a small area of the Terai near the border. The five main communication routes are called “rājamārga” (real roads).
In total there are 4617 km of paved road and 11288 km of gravel or clay (2001). It is also noted the lack of an organic maintenance program for the road networks, which sometimes result in a state of neglect. Some major arteries of the capital like Kantipath partially escape this rule.
Vehicular traffic, at least in the capital, is chaotic and consists mainly of obsolete and polluting motor vehicles. The motorized urban traffic coexists with intense pedestrian traffic of bicycles and rickshaws. In the countryside, the state of the roads generally allows a very limited speed.
The one and only international airport is the Tribhuvana antharrāṣṭriya vimānasthala (“Tribhuvan” international airport) located in Kathmandu, with modest traffic compared to other international parameters (a few hundred thousand passengers a year).
There are also numerous local airports, especially in mountain resorts, because they are generally served only by bridleways. Bus transport services are widespread and used. Especially during holiday periods and when it is more crowded, improper use of the roof for passenger transport is widespread.
The main directions (राजमार्ग – rājamārga) are:
- Tribhuvana rājamārga: gateway to the Indian border (Birganj).
- Pṛthvī rājamārga: from Pokhara to Kathmandu
- Mahendra rājamārga: it runs along the Terai (the plain) in a longitudinal direction.
- Araniko rājamārga: from Kathmandu to Kodari, the border with Tibet (China).
- Siddhārtha rājamārga – from Pokhara to the Indian border (Bhairahava)
In September 2005 the construction of an electrified rail link between Birganj and Tatopani was proposed, crossing Nepal from the Indian to the Chinese border (Tibet), with the possible possibility of connecting to the Qingzang Railway (Lhasa-Golmud).
History of transport development in Nepal
It may seem awkward that while talking about the official website of a particular department, here the history of the transport development in the nation has been discussed.
But it simply is perfect and makes sense to know first about the road development of the nation and then to know about a particular website that gives information about the road development, vehicle registration, and drivers license.
Today, the new generations of Nepal will be surprised to hear that the vehicles which carry people were once carried by people and brought to Kathmandu. If you look in the history of the development of transportation in Nepal there many such surprising things that will fascinate you.
Dhana Bahadur Gole was one of the people who had carried the car on his shoulder and brought it from Bhimfedi of Makwanpur to Kathmandu. He died at the age of 92 years. In the year 2013 B. S., before Tribhuvan Rajpath was constructed, vehicles for the transportation of kings and other high sociable people were carried by porters. And Dhan Bahadur Gole was one those porters. He had carried about 30 small cars during the period.
Gole had begun to carry the vehicle from the age of 20. He carried the vehicles from Bhimfedi of Makwanpur to Kathmandu. For the first time, he carried a small car with 64 teams. At the time, the team of 8-8 porters used to carry the vehicle of 32 models. The team of 16-16 porters carried the vehicle of 64 model and the team of 24-24 porters carried the vehicle of 96 models.
The usual route they took was Bhimfedi, Kulekhani, Markhu, Chitlang, Chandragiri and then to Kathmandu. It took them 7-12 days. Each porter was paid 5anda at the time. Some Rana rulers even used to tip them.
The history of vehicles entrance in Nepal is not too long. It has only been 97 years when the first car was entered in Nepal. It was the year of 1978 B. S. when English Prince Edward came for hunting in Chitwan in his own car. That was the first car ever drove on the roads of Nepal.
Seeing the car, then Prime Minister of Rana regime, Chandra Shamsher Rana also forwarded his will to ride a car. But there were no roads in Kathmandu where cars can be driven. So Rana rulers built motorway for the first time from Birgunj to Bhimfedi in Makwanpur district to bring a car to Kathmandu.
But at the mountains and hills, the motorway was not easy to build at that time. Even after the nozzle route, people from Bhimfedi started carrying cars on their shoulders.
This way, the Rana rulers had satisfied their will of riding a car. Then Rana rulers had driven the car from Juddhasadak to Singh Durbar and many other places.
During and towards the end of the Rana regime, construction and maintenance of the roads in Kathmandu were carried out. A new office called Naya Batokaj Adda was formed in 2007 B. S. whose main objective was to construct new roads and look after the maintenance of the roads.
It had done the survey for constructing the road that could link Kathmandu to Hetauda. Single lane road from Bhimfedi to Amlekhgunj was constructed basically it was stone and brick paved the all-weather road. Likewise, the road connecting Butwal to Bhairawa was also built. However, there was no blacktop road at the time.
After democracy in 2007 B. S. Public works department was formed to look after all the services and work to be done for the development and improvisation of the public services. India with the assistance of their army engineers constructed the Tribhuvan Rajpath which connected Kathmandu to Bhainse.
This highway gave the opportunity to people of Kathmandu to go outside of the nation by a motorable road in 2013 B. S. Royal Nepal Army also constructed the Kani Rajpath which however was abandoned due to lack of resources. In 2012 B. S., all-weather two-lane gravel road was started from Hetauda to Narayangadh lengthening to 77 km.
It was completed in 2015 B. S. And used for public transport. The major step which then government of Nepal tried to take for the development of the road and transportation was the formation of Road Transport Organisation commonly known as RTO. RTO consisted of three chief engineers from India, US, and Nepal. But the project didn’t perform as it should so it wound up in 2018 B. S.
The name of King Mahendra is connected with transportation development in Nepal. After implementing the Panchayat System in the nation in the year 2017 B. S., the political parties then existed were furious with the king. The parties against them were preparing for the big move.
But the movement had not been able to speed up as it should. After the Panchayati system was implemented, the king had intensified the development work. In this context, King Mahendra had inaugurated the construction of East-West Highway in Gaidakot, Nawalparasi district in the year 2018. He formed the East-West highway committee under his own chairmanship.
The construction was started from 1st of Baisakh 2019 B. S.The total length of the highway is 127.67 km. King Mahendra had made a request for the construction of roads from the nations like Japan, America, British, and Russia since there was no budget at the time. The road network has been connected to 73 Districts besides the HUMLA and DOLPA headquarters at the beginning of the ongoing road traffic development.
The highways have been constructed such that in the hilly area, after 4 hrs of walk and in the Terai area, after 3 hrs of the walk, people can reach to the motorways. Earth track along the length of you try was built from 2018 B. S. To 2026 B.S.
Construction of kodari highway was undertaken with the help of the Chinese Government thereby connecting Kathmandu to China in the northern border. In 2022 B. S., a unified department came into existence and in 2024 B.S., first, long term road development plan was formulated with the involvement of several advisors.
From 2032 B. S., road development strategy was formed for national highway and feeder road development. From 2032 B. S. To 2038 B. S., the strategic road network was developed. Feeder road projects were carried out from the year 2038 B. S. To 2044 B. S. Projects under RFRP was funded by IDA and were carried out from 2044 B. S.
To 2048 B. S. From the year of 2048 B. S. To 2049 B. S. Construction and maintenance of SRN were done. Then the implementation of AHMP was carried out in 2050 B. S. Initiation of priority investment plan – I, implementation of projects under RMDP again funded by IDA were taken from 2051 B. S. To 2053 B.S.
The initiation of transport policy, initiation of Bardibas Sindhuli road project was undertaken from 2054 B. S. To 2056 B. S. The 20 years master plan of DOR was formed from 2056 B. S. To 2058 B. S. The road board was created in the year 2061 B. S. The finalization of priority investment plan II and the finalization of sub-regional transport affiliation project were carried out from 2061 B. S. To 2064 B. S.
The initiation of Terai road project with the aid of Indian grant, feasibility study of north-south fast track road was also carried out. Widening of koteshwor to Bhaktapur sector of 6 lane road of araniko highway was carried out from the year 2064 B. S. To 2066 B. S. National highway, Lok highway, and auxiliary highways are important road connectivity.
If Nepal’s geographical situation is to be considered, only 17 percent of the country’s land is plain. Therefore, building a road is a major challenge, it is another challenge to fulfill the standards of safety and build roads. Despite these challenges, Nepal has expanded 18,828 km road from the rural road to the national highway.
According to the statistics of the road, 11per cent of the total roads in Nepal has been firmed. If this is the basis of the data, Nepal’s road is considered very dangerous. Some toads are narrowly rotated, and most of them are raw or not fixed such that they are not safe for the big vehicles to drive.
Due to the development of the road, the number of vehicles is increasing day by day. Building a road can be considered as the sign of development but there is no improvement in the status of the road and no maintenance for the improvement of the conditions of the road.
Lack of maintenance of roads has caused many road accidents and fatal incidentals. According to the statistics of the Traffic Management Department, a total of 19,57,841 various vehicles have been registered. Out of which 11,56,524 are motorcycles. In view of the registration of the vehicle, the number of two wheels vehicle that is motorbike are more registered than public vehicles.
The mid hill highway concept came in existence in the year 2064B. S. The mid hilly highway is expected to be constructed as the option for East-West Highway. This highway is supposed to be 1,765 km long. This road linking 24 districts has started construction including 1000 km of existing road and 765 km constructed under the new track system.
This highway has been divided into two sections the east and the west. The construction of this highway has begun from Chiyo Bhanjyang of Panchthar district in the eastern Nepal India border, linking 24 districts on the way and then ending in the Jhulaghat of Baitadi in the Far-western border of Nepal and India.
This highway will connect the eastern Panchthar, Terhathum, Dhankuta, Bhojpur, Khotang, Okhaldhunga, Udaipur, Sindhundi, Kavre and Sindhupalchok. This highway will also include the west of Nuwakot, Dhading, Gorkha, Lamjung, Kaski, Parvat, Baghlung, Rukum, Jajarkot, Dailekh, Achham, Doti, Dudeldhura, and Baitadi. The center of this route is Pati of Nuwakot.
This highway will link the following districts of the eastern region: Chiyo Bhanjyang, Chengthapu, Oyam, Tharpu, Ganeshchok, Gopetaar, Jorsaal, Tamornadi, Sakranti Market, Myanglung, Basantpur, Hile, Leghwaghat, Bhojpur, Diktel, Halesi, Hillepani and Takselghat in the region.
In the central region, this highway will link Ghurmi, Khurkot, Nepalthok, Panchkhal, Bahunepati, patibhanjyang, chhahare, Trishuli, and Salyantar. In the west, Arughat, Palungtar, Bhurletarak, Kalika, Hemja, Kusma, Baghlung, Burtibad, and Nishi.
In the central western Patihalne, Lukum village, Musikot, Chaurajhari, Jagatpur, Bestada, Daailakh, Dullu, Jambookandh, Satala, and Sijiula. And in the Far East, Belkhhet, Binayak, Mangalsen, Sanfebagar, Silagadhi, Dudeldhura, Patan, Satbanjh, Baitadi, and Jhulaghat are connected.
The initiation of extension of the inner ring road to make it 8 lanes with the aid of China is also to be carried out. And the preliminary survey has been completed by the Chinese technical team. The four districts headquarters namely Chame- Manang, Dunai – Dolpa, Simikot- Humla, and Gamgadhi- Mugu are remained to be connected by Road.
This year, the government has brought five-year strategic plans for traffic development. The street road has been built in Nepal before the development of road traffic. Before constructing the East-West highway, there was only a street road to connect the district and villages.
After the construction of East-West Highway, the street road has not been maintained or improved. The small roads that had been built to connect the Terai districts lengthen to 1500 km. This road has connected 13 districts of Terai region.
Establishment of the ministry of physical infrastructure and transport in Nepal
The Ministry of Physical infrastructure and transport is the highest governing body of the Government of Nepal, which will construct and concentrate in physical infrastructure, urbanized development, construction of economical and high-level technologies, the formation of construction criteria, and rules related policies.
This ministry has been established by manipulation of the first construction and transport ministry. It was formed in the year 2000 and located in Singh durbar Kathmandu.
Here are the objectives and goals of the Ministry of Physical infrastructure and transport:
1. To develop a national traffic system by completing, expanding, promoting and building roads, bridges, feeder roads, railways, waterways, and ropeways. To bring together various roads network together through various geographical areas of the nation. And promote the economic development of the country.
2. To bind the villages of the rural areas of the country along with the market, bringing a balance of national importance and other economic sectors related to various sectors such as tourism, agriculture, electricity, and other activities in the economic sector.
3. To develop urbanized and rural development according to the need for urban-rural regions and maintain balanced regional development.
4. Prepare Housing and physical projects for urban and rural development or physical development of the new sector.
5. Provision of Safe and Clean drinking water for public health of all Nepali people and forming arrangements for public sanitation.
Tasks and responsibility
According to the Government of Nepal (Work Division) Rules, 2064, the responsibilities and tasks have been given to the ministry as follows:
1. Initiation, formation, and Implementation of policy planning and program for the development of infrastructure. Evaluation and monitoring of the programmes.
2. Housing Policy Planning and Implementation
3. Construction and repair of government buildings
4. Maintenance and security of government buildings
5. Preparation and implementation of the research and development criteria of the technology of buildings and other construction materials
6. Preparation and implementation of policy plans and programs related to urbanization or city development
7. Settlement and settlement development
8. Drinking water and sewage exit
9. Management of the Central Secretariat Building
10. Housing system for members of the Council of Ministers, Constitutional Organizations, etc.
11. Monitoring of Municipal Development Committees and Government-owned Housing Institutions
12. Promotion and development of non-governmental organizations’ housing construction
13. Contact and support with international or regional organizations of the housing and physical planning sectors
14. Implementation of the policy and planning related to the construction and development of roadways and waterways
15. Apart from the narrow roads and bridge, repair, constriction, and maintenance of other transport services such as highways and feeder roads
16. Construction of land ways, roadways, waterways
17. Engineering Council and Engineering Consulting Service Consultancy and related organizations
18. Contacts with International Institutions related to the construction of roads
19. Stormwater drainage water sewage work
20. Care and maintenance of district and zonal government buildings
21. Operation of General building & Architects and Sanitary Subgroup operations of Nepal Engineering Service
The bodies under the ministry
The Ministry of Physical Infrastructure and Transport mainly deals with domestic transport including road and rail transportation as well as waterways. The Ministry has several departments and subdivisions namely:
1. Department of Road
2. Department of Transport Management
3. Department of Railways
4. Road Board of Nepal
5. Road Department, Babarmahal
6. Department of Drinking Water and sewage development.
7. Urban Development and Building Construction Department.
8. Kathmandu City Development Committee, Baneshwar.
9. Rural Water Supply and Sanitation Fund Development Committee, Panipokhari.
10. Nepal Water Supply Institute, Tripureshwar.
11. Melamchi Water Supply Development Committee, New Baneshwar.
12. Construction of Bagamati Area Slope Construction / Improvement Planning Implementation and Monitoring Committee, Guheshwari
13. Municipal Development Fund, New Baneshwar.
14. United Nations Park Development Committee, New Baneshwar.
15. Singh durbar Secretariat re-construction project, Singh Durbar.
16. Rural Housing Company Limited, Shrimahal Pulchok.
17. Nepal Housing Development Finance Company Limited, New Baneshwar.
18. National Construction Company Nepal Ltd., Bhadrakali Plaza.
19. Nepal Engineering Consultancy Service Center, Buddhanagar.
20. International Conference Center, New Baneshwar.
Department of transport management
Department of Transport Management was formed in 2041 B.S. It has been formed for the smooth management of transport. The objective of this department and its affiliation according to the Vehicle and Transport Management Act 2049 and Vehicle and Transport Management Rules 2054, is to provide safe, reliable and easy transportation service to the public and goods carrier of the nation.
Tasks of the department of transport management
Basically, this department since established under the vehicle and transport management act 2049 operate as per the rules, regulations of this act. And the policies, rules, and directions as mentioned by the government of Nepal. So the major tasks of the department are:
1. Implementation and editing of the job specified as per vehicle and transport management act 2049 section 153
2. To determine or investigate the financial and technical aspects of the traffic service in an organized and effective manner. Determine the necessary policy related to the research process.
3. Provide necessary instructions to the person, firm, company or organization related to the transportation services for the improvement and development of the transportation.
4. As per the requirement of the goods set the priority, then direct the goods, firms, companies or institutions related to the transportation services to transport goods according to priority.
5. To conduct the traffic service, determine the route of the passenger by determining the road according to the requirements and to determine the freight of the public rides.
6. Organizing traffic signals in public place as international practice
7. Determining the speed, weight and passenger number of the vehicle.
8. Preparing and determining the necessary criteria regarding the mechanical position of the vehicle
9. Determine the examination system, criteria, and subject for the drivers’ test
10. Other actions required for the rehabilitation of traffic services will be taken.
11. As per the requirement, publicly publishing the way to conduct public transportation services for the purpose of conducting traffic services, publicly publishing information about the general information
12. Registering, renewing, suspension of permissions and naming of traffic service names
13. Determining the extent of the number of goods to be carried on the vehicle. Determining driving speed, the weight of the vehicle and public safety.
14. For the maintenance of public security and social security, it can ban any ride in any public place.
15. Hanging or connecting necessary traffic signals, according to the size, color, and sample of international traditions in public places.
16. To provide information about traffic signals to prevent road accidents, from time to time, broadcasting programs related to traffic signal from different media
17. Provide necessary information and instruction to the Traffic entrepreneurs to make it effective and make traffic services easier and accessible
18. Any or all of the rights arranged to the concerned department may delegate to any committee, officer, transport inspector or police as required
19. According to the act, hearing and determining the punishment for the officer, the police officer or the inspector
20. Providing a license to conduct a bus construction or a automobiles workshop, classifying the bus trucks and classifying such services.
21. According to the requirement in the context of conducting the ride and traffic system, forming new guidelines not opposing the mentioned guidelines in the act
22. Interpretation of the directory and additional arrangements
23. Necessary amendments and schedule addition to provisions in the directory
24. Providing feedback on the registration of the business center or training center or registration of traffic generation.
25. Providing opinion feedback regarding association registration and organization registration
26. To provide the required transport facility and permission to the night buses and vehicles
27. Action will be taken against the instructions and demands submitted by the office
28. Updating and providing vehicle statistics.
29. Updating and providing details of public vehicle rental
30. Making new routes and rentals
31. To issue a certificate for the vehicles that are imported and manufactured in Nepal, as per the pollution criteria.
32. Working as per the prevailing law, rules, directories and circular affairs.
33. Issuing the certificate to the vehicles proving they are eligible to be run for the public
34. Monitoring, inspection, and supervision of the Office coking under its management
35. To do other tasks determined by the Ministry of Labor, Transport, and Government of Nepal.
36. Provide clear instructions for solving the problems seen in the transportation laws Act, rule and directory implementation.
Author: Ankur Pradhan, Abhishek Jha
Dotm, Dotm Gov Np, License Check Online, Nepal Driving License App, Nepal License Result, Nepal Driving License Written Test Questions, Nepal Driving License Trial Date, Driving License Janakpur, Nepal Dlreg Homepage, Nepal Yatayat License, Nepal Driving License App,
Driving License Kathmandu.
Rape cases in Nepal During This COVID-19 Lockdown:- Nepal faced many more problems in the Many sectors. One of these main problems was rape in
Nepal is the small country with the small population of about three Crores. All the Nepalese are engaged in their own works but the mostly
Major 15 Social Problems, Evils & Inequalities in Nepal Social Problems Immoral, illegal, rootless and unscientific activities which backward the societies are social problems. Girl
Find here facts and information about New Constitution of Nepal 2015. We are here with rights and authority of federal government in Nepal. What are