Get the Nepali cooking tips for making Yomari Recipe. After reading this article, you can cook Yomari Puhhi Recipe with Eggs yourself in your house. It is very to easy to cook delicious Recipe. Make delicious Yomari and have it. Yomari is very popular dish in Nepal, especially in Kathmandu valley in the Newari community. It is also famous in the Terai region. It is cooking tips in Nepali method.
How to Make Newari Food Yomari
ingredients for how to cook yomari
- 4 cups rice flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- water as require
- 1 cup sesame seed
- 1 tbs Ghee or some oil
Process of how to cook yomari
- Boil about two cups of water.
- Put ghee in the boiled water and kneed the rice flour well and wrap in a piece of cloth.
- Fry sesame seeds lightly in an ungreased pan till it begins to jump.
- Grind fine in a blender.
- Mix with brown sugar.
- Put some water making medium thick batter.
- Take a handful of kneeded flour.
- Make ovel shape or egg like.
- From one side make a hole using finger tip, gradually pressing the dough.
- Fill with sesame batter and close, giving pointed shape.
- After making several pieces put into a steamer for steaming and serve hot.
This YoMari has very special value. It is made on the full moon day festival in the month of December. It is believed to give hotness to the body. On auspicious occasions when a baby boy or girl attends 2 or 4 years of age YoMari is compulsory and the child is garlanded with it stitched in a thread numbering his/her age.